Ever had a leak like this

rob hutch

Today I was going over the 5er and noticed a bow or more like a sag under the bedroom . Upon further inspection I noticed this sag was actually water, granted we just had five inches of rain this week but we have had more than this before. I inspected all caulk and found no place it seemed to be leaking from, also opened up the slide seals seem to be fine also,nothing is wet inside the coach thank goodness for that. I thought about drilling a small hole to let the water out but this will not be anything but temporary. I need to find the leak. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Going on the road again next week. HELP!!!!!!!!!!:(

flyfishing48

I am not familiar with your floor plan, but I am guessing that there is a gray water tank in this area, maybe even the black water tank. Could one of them or their pipe fittings be the source of your water?

Tom:confused:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are talking about the overhang area by the kingpin, you can check the caulking on the roof where your front cap and roof come together. If you have any openings there rain can get in and run down the inside of the front cap to that overhang area.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You might also check for a leaky fitting around the washer hook ups. These can leak right back down within the wall into the area you are referring to. If you have a washer dryer hooked up, make sure the drain isn't backing up.

netters1

We had a leak in ours too. Mac noticed some water and then saw that the bottom was sagging. Come to find out it was a small hole in the water line to the Icemaker in the refrigerator. He took a couple of screws out of the bottom and dropped it so that the water that was built up would drain and the insulation would dry out. He turned the water off to the fridge until we could get home and take to our dealer to get fixed. Not sure if you have an icemaker in yours or not, but hopefully this helps.

MC9

I discovered my security light lens was installed upside down (it has weep holes in the bottom) when it fills with water to the wiring hole it runs into the wall system. Luckily it is a 2010 2900MK Sundance and only sat on the lot a few days. It was full to the wiring hole though.

VixPix

It can happen any time!

I discovered my security light lens was installed upside down (it has weep holes in the bottom) when it fills with water to the wiring hole it runs into the wall system. Luckily it is a 2010 2900MK Sundance and only sat on the lot a few days. It was full to the wiring hole though.

I read this thread a couple days ago and then went on my way reading other stuff. This morning as I prepared to take my first cup of coffee, I looked out at our rig parked in the back yard (yes it is allowed here) and I saw that my doorside security light was one-third full of water. I knew immediately what was wrong after having read this post and went out to the rig and found the light was a quarter-turn off, the "TOP" inscription was at the 9 o'clock position so no water could run out the weep holes.

Our rig is a 2008 and I had just taken it into a local RV Dealer's shop about a month ago and had some work done, including checking the door-side security light. Well, guess that the mechanic didn't know how to put it back in place correctly. I got it drained and put back correctly, but now I'll have to watch for any possible water damage elsewhere in the coach.

Just thought I would share this because it can happen any time someone messes with the lenses and doesn't know how they are designed to work. Hopefully, mine didn't do any serious damage.

Victor