An intresting hitch for a travel trailer.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is not a heartland product but I thought the inovation was quite unique. Talk about thinking out of the box.

I am at Village City, South Dakota. I saw a rig pull in with a Gooseneck. I looked at where they carried the bicycles thinking that was an intresting method. But when I looked at the trailer it was even more interesting.

Now I have moved the photos down so not to give away the object but this may be a new way to pull a trailer.

What do you think?

DSC_1809.jpg

DSC_1810.jpg

DSC_1811.jpg

DSC_1812.jpg

DSC_1813.jpg

DSC_1814.jpg

If you missed it.. This guy, who is a farmer, welded a frame around the front of a travel trailer. Connected the TT hitch to a ball on the frame. Beefed up the front part of the TT frame and added a gooseneck. He pulls all of his farm equipment with a gooseneck. The trailer was a deal he could not turn down, so he modified it to work with his method of towing.

Very impressive if I must say so.

Howed you figured it.. Maybe a new inovation for Heartland.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
What an innovative concept. It looks like the gooseneck frame can be completely removed without affecting the trailer. Strictly a bolt on adaption. Good place for the tool box too.:)

Chuck Richard

Seems pretty strange to me with a TT all that stuff would fit in the truck. Wonder what the strain is on the frame with the extra leveage.