And so it begins

porthole

Retired
When the motorcycle and golf cart are not both in the garage I use a homemade bicycle rack for the bikes. A little cheesy looking but it has worked well for a couple of years now. Loaded up for Goshen meant using one cooler in the "freeze" mode for food and a second for the ice and drinks. So, I made a shelf for the cooler to sit on. Strapped down it doesn't move while traveling, 3K miles so far. And Deb doesn't have to bend over to get a drink.

Does extra duty as a place to also strap the dog's "X-pens" and ground mats.

D70_5742.JPG

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Stained glass door inserts we got at Goshen. Always liked the lighthouse Roger has on his Cyclone.

Door_windows_01.jpg Door_windows_02.jpg

Door_windows_03.jpg Door_windows_04.jpg

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Added one of the RV electric locks that we picked up in Goshen. Glad I only go one for now. It doesn't work half the time I try the key fob :mad:

Electric_lock.jpg

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
An addition to the pups custom bed and interior trim in the Ford - a drool curtain. One on both side. Much easier to clean then the doors. Snaps on with 3 snaps across the top.

IMG_2273.JPG

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For some reason, your photos are showing up as numbered attachments and won't open. Just get a forum error message.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Duane, I found the same problem and realized I needed to hold down the button a little longer then usual and works every time!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Ditto on mine. Just need to hold the button down a couple of seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

porthole

Retired
Not a hold down thing

works sometimes, sometimes not. But I think I might have found something. Yesterday, no work, use key then electric worked. Could be something internal the key is jarring.

porthole

Retired
Posts #291-299 the pics show up on my phone, 300 forward show up with the attachment notice.
How about your view?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not a hold down thing

works sometimes, sometimes not. But I think I might have found something. Yesterday, no work, use key then electric worked. Could be something internal the key is jarring.

Bolt catching on striker plate? I know a couple of folks had that problem.

porthole

Retired
Bolt catching on striker plate? I know a couple of folks had that problem.

Striker is good. I'm thinking there is an electrical issue inside the lock that when I open or close with the key it is making the connection.

When it works I can activate the lock from my back door. When it doesn't, I can be next to the lock and it still doesn't work.

rainmakeroc

Hi, how did you secure your wheel chock so that you could easily remove it when not using it? Purchased a 2014 3110 and have a Ultra Classic to haul. Have a Handly Vise to clamp down on the front wheel. Understand that there is an inch of plywood to work with on the floor.

porthole

Retired
Handly or Handy? I'm assuming this:

http://www.redlinestands.com/catalo...-p-783?zenid=d3bd1fcebb57d93baebb2da8f15cd14f

how did you secure your wheel chock so that you could easily remove it when not using it?

I don't secure it. I use a Condor, which is made so that it can be used free standing.
http://www.amazon.com/Condor-PS1500-Floor-Stand-Motorcycle/dp/B0083VBDF4

The Condor has a quick detach provision, small plate that you bolt down to the floor and use thumb screws to attach.

Condor_wheel_chock.jpg

I did bolt that plate down initially, by find it is unnecessary as long as the bike is properly tied down.
I use a piece of 2x10 in front of the chock to limit forward movement.

I still have a BikePro chock and quick mount plate for one side of the trailer, only because I have been a bit lazy in removing the hold down plate. If needed, I do have a second Condor to use in the trailer. I have only needed that for one trip so far.

For now though, I keep the second Condor in the house garage and park the bike in the chock. Surprising how much more room you have to move around when the bike is upright.

Unless things have changed, you have 1" of plywood for your garage floor. There are also 5 steel cross members underneath, they will be inline with the hold downs you have in the trailer.

If you look back far enough on my thread, you will see that what I lack in bolting down the chock I make up for by having numerous tie down attachment points.

I use 5.
Two forward and out attached to the driving light brackets.
Two out and slightly back attached to the passenger floorboards.
One around the rear wheel straight back.

I do not compress the springs more then an inch, the bike does not have to be tight. I let the bike ride on it's own suspension.

20K miles now with no issues.

Whatever you do when figuring out where to place the chock - make sure you have clearance before you close the garage door. That tourpak sticks out more then you think when you only have ten feet to work with.

I have a small dresser - cabinet on the right side of the garage, up front. For my bike to fit there I need to take the tourpak off. Easy enough to do though, mine has the detach kit (Screamin Eagle CVO Electric Glide)

Last edited:

eka217

Look at the Biker Bar by B & W hitches. It works great. No straps, no chocks and easy load. There are many you tube videos.

rainmakeroc

Thanks for the reply, yes it is a Handy, had it installed in my V Nose trailer and never had a problem. Looks as if we travel to a lot of the same places as I am from the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

porthole

Retired
Almost since this trailer was new, I have wanted to block off the drawers adjacent to the under sink cabinet.
Some time ago I removed the false wall under the sink, more then doubling the storage area. I then added an up right divider to allow a place for storage of flat items, lunch trays, cookie sheets etc.

The smaller items would tend to fall into the drawers and sometimes jam.

So, a piece of RV paneling cut to fit takes care of that issue.

Attachments

• Under_sink_panel.jpg
    Under_sink_panel.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 304

porthole

Retired
Added about 20" to the generator exhaust pipe. It used to exit under the basement door.
I have had issues where the CO alarm would go off in the morning after running the genny all night. Mostly related to the terrain around the trailer, but I'm sure the exhaust under a baggage door doesn't help.

Anyway I also wanted to start using a "Gen-Turi"

Attachments

• Cyclone exhaust1.jpg
    Cyclone exhaust1.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 225
  • Cyclone exhaust2.jpg
    Cyclone exhaust2.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 222