Any experience with "Airtabs" or "vortex generators"

rick_debbie_gallant

Hey all:

Has anyone had any experience or heard of a product called "Airtabs" or "vortex generators". some sort of device you place around the rear of your unit and perhaps even the tw to straighten out your "dirty air" and make it into a straight stream. Concept sounds good but would like to here from some of you Heartlanders out there

Thanks

Rick and Debbie Gallant

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I heard of airtabs, but I thought they were for semi trailers only.

Jarhead

USMC Phantom Phixer
Hey all:

Has anyone had any experience or heard of a product called "Airtabs" or "vortex generators". some sort of device you place around the rear of your unit and perhaps even the tw to straighten out your "dirty air" and make it into a straight stream. Concept sounds good but would like to here from some of you Heartlanders out there

Thanks

Rick and Debbie Gallant

Don't know about "Air Tabs" but do know about "Vortex Generators". They are used on aircraft. Small strips of metal placed forward of the flaps and rudders. They are there to make the air dirty as it travels over the flap and rudder helping flight control.
Bob

2010augusta

I thought "dirty" air was good, tha'ts why golf balls are dimpled. A company now makes a vinyl wrap to add dimples to your car. Read about it here
fastskins-470-0509.jpg

fajansen

I added air tabs to my 05 Outback Fifth Wheel. I didn't see a big difference in fuel mileage but it did feel more stable on the road at highway speeds.