Sometimes Chicken, Sometimes Feathers

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
This is probably not the place for this but I needed to let my Heartland friends know. Yesterday I had an Upper GI Endoscope. The doctor came back with the news that he found a tumor at the lower end of the Esophagus where it joins the stomach. He said he took a biopsy and would know if it is cancer in a couple of days. He advised me I would need major surgery to remove the tumor and said that surgery would require at least a week in the hospital (YIKES). He is currently working on finding a Thoracic Surgeon to take care of the problem. So that is all we know right now. I just wanted to let my Heartland friends know if they are into prayers we could sure use some now. All I can do is deal with the hand I have and put it in the Good Lord's hands. Thank you in advance for your prayers and thoughts and if I disappear for awhile you will know why. My doctor said this needs to be taken care of right away. Incidentally, now I know why I have been having trouble swallowing.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jim...you and Sheila will be in our prayers for sure!! We'll all be praying that the news from the biopsy is GOOD...hang in there!!!

Kathy and Ken

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim,
We will be thinking of you and Sheila and wish you the very best. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

hcriddle

Jim, you will surely be in my prayers. Hope you get this done and recuperate quickly so you can make the rally. I am really looking forward to meeting you and finding out if the face brings back memory of running into one another with HPD.
Are you going to be coming back to Houston for treatment? If so and you need anything please let me know how I can help and how I can pray for you and Sheila.

jmgratz

Jim, you will surely be in my prayers. Hope you get this done and recuperate quickly so you can make the rally. I am really looking forward to meeting you and finding out if the face brings back memory of running into one another with HPD.
Are you going to be coming back to Houston for treatment? If so and you need anything please let me know how I can help and how I can pray for you and Sheila.

I still don't know who the surgeon will be or where the treatment will be done, but my doctor insisted the that he would find a surgeon and the treatment had to be done at the Houston Medical Center and no where else. So I am waiting to see.

Thanks all for the concerns and prayers.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Jim,
You will be in our prayers including our church prayer chain for a speedy and full recovery following your surgery.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Jim, I got you added to a prayer list before I even posted this. You & Sheila will definitely be in our prayers. Keep us updated.

grizzlygiant

Prayer works and you are in ours. I have had surgery twice for removal of various abdominal cancers and now I am facing a third, kidney and bladder. I know the Lord is in charge.

Edd and Janet

Sorry to hear of this latest medical challenge. Hopefully, it will not be cancerous. Will the hospital for your surgery be St. Lukes, The Woodlands? Please let your Heartland family know what you find out.

jmgratz

Prayer works and you are in ours. I have had surgery twice for removal of various abdominal cancers and now I am facing a third, kidney and bladder. I know the Lord is in charge.

Good luck with your latest challenge. God is Great and God is Good. The Lord does not give us any challenges we aren't able to handle. We will keep you in our prayers.

jmgratz

Sorry to hear of this latest medical challenge. Hopefully, it will not be cancerous. Will the hospital for your surgery be St. Lukes, The Woodlands? Please let your Heartland family know what you find out.

Not sure where yet but that would be my second choice. First would be M.D. Anderson.

osims

bsims
Jim
We will keep you in our prayers. Just know if you need ANYTHING we are only an hour and a half away and glad to help in any way.
Bill and Ornell

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim,Samantha and I will add you to our prayer list. We pray that God will grant you a quick recovery and sned His spirit to strengthen and comfort your family.

SilverRhino

Jim, sorry to hear of your health challenge........we will keep you and your family in our prayers.

May God grant you peace in this time of trouble.

Tom of Ypsi

Jim & Shiela,

The two of you are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and we know the Good Lord will take care of you. Keep us posted and the best of luck.

God Bless
Tom & Judy

talley

Diane and I will be praying for the best. I don't have to tell you that M.D. Anderson is the place... if necessary hope you are able to go there. My sister-in-law has had treatments there for past few years. She recently had a minor surgery and will be having treatments there. A Lake Livingston friend has recently completed successful treatments at M.D. Anderson for esophagus cancer. We know any treatment may present challenge, but as you posted... God will provide strength for our needs.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Jim and Sheila you will be in my prayers. Keep us in the loop.

Love Christina