2010 Big Horn 3670rl lemon

lcdrdean

Thanks for the Welcome

Now that we have it, it's time to buy the goodies we will need for our cross country extended vacation (1-2 years) next year. Although we had a Couger TT for 6 years, this is the first 5th wheel for us. Still learning the ropes. We have only towed if from the dealer to the house. Have it set up in the driveway and playing with all the goodies (like the W/D and genset). I'm sure I'll be in the forum asking all kinds of questions.

:)Once again, thank you for the warm welcome.:)

Dean and Terri (and Balie of course)
Ruther Glen, VA
2010 Bighorn 3670RL
2007 Ford F250 4X4 Lariat Crew Cab

Elder1

Now this is what I call a happy ending :) We just picked up our new unit on 10/29 and like you its just sitting in the driveway waiting to be taken out. Welcome to the Heartland Family and above all have fun with your "NEW" toy.

biggziff

Did the dealer disclose the repair to you prior to your asking?

I agree, Sherry jumped the gun. Heartland did repair the problem and has warranted the work for a year. How do I know? My wife and I just purchased the unit from the same dealer at a good price since it was used. We bought the unit on Saturday, but couldn't pick it up until today (Thursday). In the meantime, I found this forum, and read Sherry's entry. The salesman had told us on Saturday that the previous owners had bought the unit in Feb 09 and had traded up to a Class A RV in August 09. The other item I noticed in Sherry's post was that she is in VA, as are my wife and I, and that the closest dealer to her was the same dealer we had just purchased a used 2010 BH 3670 from. My wife and I were concerned. I printed out the forum messages and expresssed our concerns to the dealer today when we picked up the trailer. The dealer said that in fact it was the same unit, and that it had gone back to the factory for repairs. The service manager said the problem was either a broken or missing weld in the frame around the couch/dining table slideout. He actually called the factory and spoke to a manager who confirmed the repairs. Bottom line: We feel comfortable that the unit was repaired and are pleased the we were able to afford a slightly used Bighorn that we love. Thank you Sherry for not believing in Heartland!

Dean and Terri (and Bailie of course)
Ruther Glen, VA
2007 Ford F250 Shortbed
2010 Bighorn 3670

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Now that we have it, it's time to buy the goodies we will need for our cross country extended vacation (1-2 years) next year. Although we had a Couger TT for 6 years, this is the first 5th wheel for us. Still learning the ropes. We have only towed if from the dealer to the house. Have it set up in the driveway and playing with all the goodies (like the W/D and genset). I'm sure I'll be in the forum asking all kinds of questions.

:)Once again, thank you for the warm welcome.:)

Dean and Terri (and Balie of course)
Ruther Glen, VA
2010 Bighorn 3670RL
2007 Ford F250 4X4 Lariat Crew Cab
One thing is for sure.You will find alot of good help here and alot of good folks to help you.Remember there are no dumb questions.All you have to do is ask.Someone will and probably many will be able to give you the answer you need.We have been a Heartland owner since November of 2004 and have really enjoyed our Landmark.We believe it looks as good and everything works as good today as it did the day we brought it home.Welcome to the family.

lcdrdean

I have to say they did not .... but again, we were buying a used unit. I do have to say they were very forthcoming once we asked.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Looks like you should share your miseries and a beer with michael s, the dissatisfied customer. We didn't do a thorough enough PDI and could have saved ourselves a ton of Tums.

I have a 2008 Bighorn 3370RL and I have the same problem. The fornt cap molding was shifting after further inspection the metal adjacent to the king pin tore 4 inches on both sides. Lippert indicated that Heartland did not attach the sidewalls correctly. After 3 months dealing with Heartland they paid 3500 dollars to have it fixed. 2 months later the vertical support adjacent to the bedroom slide completly tore away from the frame. I don't know if it was the root problem causing the front to give or if after the front gave the support gave, anyway, I am trying to have

Last edited:

azbound

I too have had issues with my 2009 BH, but then I had issues with all my RVs. The real test is how well the company stands behind their product and Heartland has been there every time without any hassle, can't say the same for Keystone. I hope you are able to get all your problems resolved.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Road