Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Big Horn 3670rl lemon

1. Print this Post   #1

2010 Big Horn 3670rl lemon

Purchased 2010 big horn 3670rl in Feb, was in shop the next month and many times thereafter. In August the caulking on the cap was cracking and come to find out either the factory did not weld the studs or they broke. The wall was flexing. Heartland agreed to take it back to the factory to repair but there is still a lot of time to camp in my area. This happened after adding a Cummings Onan generator, a second a/c in the bedroom and a washer/dryer. Yes, I traded it in this week and it was not a Heartland.

2. Print this Post   #2
    Perfict Senior Member westxsrt10's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your problems...so you traded it in? Maybe thats a sign to not overload your next unit.
    09 Sundance XLT 287RL, (SOLD and missed)
    08 Ford F-250 CC Lariat 4x4 V10, FS air bags, SCT tunes @5StarTuning.com
    10 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab
    08 Dodge Viper coupe SRT-10
    2014 Fleetwood Storm 32H with 2014 Jeep Patriot toad.

3. Print this Post   #3

It was definetly not overloaded. This was for short pleasure trips and maybe had been out 4 times.

4. Print this Post   #4

Sorry to hear of your bad expierence. The Bighorns are designed to carry the W/D (mines plumbed for one) and the front is designed for a generator.

What did you replace your unit with? I hope you have happy trails in the future.

westxsrt110 - I know nothing about Sundances - but the Bighorns can handle the weight.
    B & A

2007 Bighorn 3055
    2008 Duramax Diesel

5. Print this Post   #5

Sorry to hear of your problems with your coach, I wish you would of given Heartland a chance to do you right. My coach has had its share of problems but Heartland has come through EVERY time with little inconvenience . The factory can do amazing work, they can do things in one day that would take a dealer or service center all week to do. Hope your new rig serves you well.

6. Print this Post   #6
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar

With our 2009 BH3670, we have not encountered many of the problems described on this forum. We have the W/D installed and it has not caused any problems with the coach. Other than the shower stall surround leak problem (easily fixed), some minor repairs I did myself, and the recent awning repair problem, our usage this summer has been uneventful in terms of the coach's performance.

Although I got my shorts in a knot over the awning issue, once HL got Dometic on the line, and they contacted me, it appears they are more than interested in making it right. I would indorse the idea of giving Heartland the opportunity to make it right for you.
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with feline fuzzbutts Ally, Merlin & Mickey)
    Max the Cat - RIP
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL

H.O.C. #1225

7. Print this Post   #7

Does this mean that you didn't get it fixed and someone else will no be stuck with the problems? I think you may have jumped the Gun, should have allowed Heartland to make it wright.

Just my opinion,

Enjoy the Road
    azbound
    Rogue River, Or.
    Senior Member #1066
    2009 BH 3400RL
    2008 Chevy 3500 DRW
    Duramaxw/ Allison

8. Print this Post   #8
    Founders of SoCal Chapter Bob&Patty's Avatar

Sorry, but IMHO there is more to this story. Last thread by Sherry3 was started in August and no mention of any problems.
    Bob (Old cranky), Great wife Patty, 5 great kids, 11 grandkids

Callie the wonder dog (we are still wondering) and 1 crazy cat "Baby" (RIP at 18 years old). Callie misses her Kitty.

2013 GMC 3500 HD DRW C/C L/B with all the goodies (the grey ghost). AirLift 5000 with auto leveling. 34 gal custom auxillary in bed tank. Spray in bed liner and rubber mat. 16K Husky hitch.

07 2955RL BIG HORN #5103

58 Belair 2dr hardtop, low and slow custom.

HEARTLAND CLUB MEMBER # 1056

9. Print this Post   #9

I loved my big horn and understand just like any new house/car, there are issues that need to be fixed but this was the last straw. It is going back to the factory to be fixed, rep inspected it so, no, no one will buy it in its present condition. There is nothing else to the story, dealer said never seen anything like this before.

10. Print this Post   #10
    Past Heartland Ambassador kakampers's Avatar

Are you talking about the studs in the sidewall? If so, where are these "studs"? If it's where I think it is, the dealer's either lying or hasn't been around much....
    Ken & Kathy - H.O.C. #1077
    '17 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD DRW Long Bed w/Nav, Sunroof, Curt 24Q, WIFI, Sprayed liner, Deep Ruby Metallic!
    '2013 Landmark Key Largo, Fullbody Paint and virtually every option PLUS Mor Ryde IS and Disc Brakes - Our Dream Coach!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast