AHHH!! the sky is falling...

2010augusta

So, today was was setting on the sofa watching TV, when all of a sudden WHACK, THUD, SWWHHOOS. I open the blind behind the sofa to find a 16' long 4" diameter branch just fell out of the tree above us and landed/slid off the roof and slide out I am setting in. I check the roof and no damage. :)

jimtoo

LUCKY, LUCKY LUCKY YOU! :D

See, don't you miss where you were in Texas already..... No trees that tall to fall on you......:D

Jim M

fhollan

So, today was was setting on the sofa watching TV, when all of a sudden WHACK, THUD, SWWHHOOS. I open the blind behind the sofa to find a 16' long 4" diameter branch just fell out of the tree above us and landed/slid off the roof and slide out I am setting in. I check the roof and no damage. :)

I had that happen a couple of weeks ago while at the KOA at Blufton, IN. It had been very windy all day and evening. We heard a loud "thud", went outside and found a very large branch behind the 5ver. Climbed on the ladder for any damage. Nothing on the rubber roof. But on the fiberglass part a large black mark. Luckily it wasn't cracked. Last Monday when washing it, I did manage to get it off. Better stay away from underneath trees when it's windy like that.

boatdoc

Welcome to the PNW!! We call those widowmakers here. Enjoy your stay up North and try to keep dry. If you stay long enough you'll start to web up between the toes and fingers.

2010augusta

LUCKY, LUCKY LUCKY YOU! :D

See, don't you miss where you were in Texas already..... No trees that tall to fall on you......:D

Jim M

Jim, not so true here is our sit in Uvalde, we were covered by trees.
uvalde%20site.jpg

But here is the site in Gig Harbor.

DSCN8359.JPG

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did you check the side edges of the rubber roof, too? Had a similar incident last summer, heard a loud thunk while we were in bed, almost over our heads. Checked the roof and found nothing but some pieces of broken dead branch. A few days later, while washing the slides under the toppers, I found a small hole on the side just past the bedroom slide that was not visible from the ground or roof.