Landmark Or Big Horn

daddio689

Whats the differance between a big Horn 3670 and a Landmark Augusta? Why not just buy the big horn an save the extra money or is the landmark worth the extra money? I hope someone can help me. Thanks

2010augusta

some of the differences I have found are:

all fluoresce lighting fixtures
track lighting in kitchen
hidden cabinet hardware
more insulation in the underbelly
padded ceiling
4 door fridge option
hydraulic front landing gear
USA made GOODYEAR tires
1800 watt microwave/convection oven
stainless steel appliances
2 40# propane bottles
easily accessed Washer/dryer area.
Samsung HDTV and surround sound system
Half body paint
better carpet and flooring???
pull out tray for two batteries
Battery cut of switch factory installed

Both trailers are great units, but we felt the the upgrades on the Landmark were worth the extra cost.

wdk450

Forgot Something

hidden cabinet hardware
padded ceiling
4 door fridge option
USA made GOODYEAR tires
2 40# propane bottles
Half body paint

Both trailers are great units, but we felt the the upgrades on the Landmark were worth the extra cost.

Alan:
You forgot something you are currently with out since your recent service station incident: the cord winder for the 50 amp service cable.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
daddio, it's all based on how much you want to spend. The construction and materials used are essentially the same. The Landmark has some nicer features and amenities but depending on what you really need or can live without it still all comes back to your personal taste and money. We have a Bighorn. We like it. Our Bighorn suits our needs and lifestyle. There are features on the Landmark that would be a convenience to have but for the extra money we decided to do without. A few of those things I like on the LM are the cord reel, florescent lighting and soft touch ceiling. You should get other replys to this to help you with a choice but ultimately you have to decide what you need and/or can do without.. Both trailers will require the same tow vehicle. Good Luck!

Bobby A

Whats the differance between a big Horn 3670 and a Landmark Augusta? Why not just buy the big horn an save the extra money or is the landmark worth the extra money? I hope someone can help me. Thanks

Both units are built in the same plant and built by the same people, it all boiles down to your personal taste and money.

boatdoc

We gave it the old "write it down" routine. We made a list of the "gotta haves" and the "would like" and the BH won out over the LM in the end. We don't think one could go wrong either way.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We didn't get to see a Landmark before we bought the BH. Even after seeing the LM, I like the lighter interior of the BH. The dark cabinets are too dark for me. I agree when people say you can't go wrong either way. It just depends on what you need, how much you can pull, and how much you want to spend.

Kristy

John T Bettencourt

My wife and I looked at both the 3670 and the LM Augusta we liked both but we got the Augusta. We bought the unit wholesale and difference was only 5,000 dollars.

rick_debbie_gallant

Yes they certainly are!!!!! I would not mind having them at all. But............I can learn to "rough it" in my Big Horn. Now
I just have to get sat dish, kegerator, 50" strike that 65" flat screen with surround sound rock speakers an a HUGE SUBWOOFER. :D

timdebs

Yes they certainly are!!!!! I would not mind having them at all. But............I can learn to "rough it" in my Big Horn. Now
I just have to get sat dish, kegerator, 50" strike that 65" flat screen with surround sound rock speakers an a HUGE SUBWOOFER. :D

You need to get your priorities straight, it should be kegerator FIRST, fill with your favorite or (whatever is on sale) beverage so they can be getting cold. Then will have to try one to make sure the kegerator is working correctly (cold enough). If DW ask what are you doing just tell her you are doing Quality Control. Then you can sit down with cold beverage and read instructions for sat dish, tv, and speakers. Ok I messed up forget the instructions.

nemo45

hidden cabinet hardware
padded ceiling
4 door fridge option
USA made GOODYEAR tires
2 40# propane bottles
Half body paint

Our Big Horn '09 3600RE has as 42" Samsung TV and surround sound system, and I replaced all the incadescent light in our Big Horn with flourescent for $160 except for in the bath and closets. On some floor plans like ours you get an easily accessible washer/dryer area, also a four door refer is available as an option on some floor plans. Now, the hydraulic front jacks, Goodyear tires and 40# propane bottles are great upgrades. I also installed a battery cut off switch in my SOB fifthwheel for $20, took about 20 minutes.

nemo45

It is made for stackable units. It is the closet next to the bathroom. We use it as a closet though. We are fulltimers and have a shed on our lot in Donna, TX where we have a washer and dryer. We have poured a slab at our daughter's house in WI where we summer and use her washer and drier while we are there.

Superduty

Grand Canyon
I thought I would give my two cents.. After owning a 2008 Bighorn 3670, and now a 2010 Landmark Grandcanyon. I can honestly tell you what I think the biggest benefit to the Landmark is.

Goodyear Tires. Enough said there.

Hydraulic Landing gear is great...

The half body paint is nice, only to the point when you have to have work done. And they cannot match the paint up exactly. (has happend twice), Or you get a scratch in the paint..

Padded ceiling is nice.

I think the fluorescent lighting is terrible. Up here in the northland, when it is cool, it takes the lights 10 minutes to burn bright. We had a 2005 Everest 366i with the halogen lighting, that was the best. If we keep this unit, I am gonna look into changing them all out.

As far as I can tell the difference between the carpeting is nonexistant.

The Landmark pulls much easier than the Bighorn.

The 40# lp tanks are nice, especially when you have the Onan lp generator like I do.

The bigger TV is nice. The surround sound is ok.. I did replace the surround system in the Bighorn, to something much better than both.

With that all being said,, would I buy another Landmark? Probably not. Just not enough frills to justify the cost. I hear the 2011 will have auto leveling, that would be something I would look at.

again just my thoughts after spending time in both units...

p.s. With the Bighorn we had zero problems, with the Landmark, it has been many, but nothing major. Except the slam door problem.