New Owner (almost) warrantee ?

We are "in the process" of puchasing a new 2006 Big Horn 3055RL. What is the group opinion for an extended warrantee (sp)? They are expensive, but are they worth the value. Risk/reward issue.... We plan to travel 5-7 months a year and keep this one for 6-7 years. As fairly new RVers and retirees, I'm sure we don't have a good feel yet. Would appreciate comments and suggestions for brand, type and duration of warrantees if they are advisable. Also any suggestions on options we need...RIGHT NOW.

Cheers...Bob and Julie

tinkers

Full timers
We had extended warranty with our other 5th wheel which we had for 7 years, and had to use it twice. They paid immediately, were very nice and co-operative. We bought the same plan when we traded a year ago for our Big Horn 3400RL. The company we use is through Good Sam, CSP Continued Warranty. They are very nice to deal with, and we HIGHLY recommend having it. We wouldn't be without it. We don't usually buy extended warranty on home appliances, etc, but this has been a good decision. We are full time in our Big Horn since last November, and anticipate having to use it since we have had so many problems. Our structure warranty has already expired, and we now are having to replace our axles tomorrow.....they have 2 year warranty. The initial cost of the policy is very cheap if you have to replace something major.

Logan & Pat
Big Horn 3400RL #455

ct0218

I rarely buy extended warranties, but there are exceptions. My tow vehicle, because of the weight; and my Landmark, because of everything in it. While I spend most of my time in NC, my wife is FT in the Landmark in FL. Living in one FT puts a lot more wear on all the equipment and components. There is a lot of expensive-to-replace items in these coaches and I think it is money well spent.

Trap

If you go for the extended warranty make sure you read the fine print on what is and what's not covered. You don't want any surprises down the road. As far as options that's a personal preference other than I would definitely go for the Dual Pane Windows that option is worth every penny the charge extra for it.

Trap;)

phranc

Just as a counterpoint:: I am able to take care of most mechanical things myself and usually at less cost than the fuel to go to a dealer or the cost of the policy..But, I will admit ,I have had very little 'structure' issues.. Most minor complaints have been appliances( furnace-AC) that Heartland does not make. These items generally carry a longer warrenty than the 1 year basic term..