3rd Thanksgiving in the Bighorn...

caokgafamily

This will be the 3rd Thanksgiving we have spent in the Bighorn camping. We are going to be camping at Mistletoe State Park for 5 nights. My 07 3400RL is still just like new, even after our countless outings over the SouthEast and our 7000 mile trip this past summer. My family and I have alot to be thankful for. I'm wishing everybody a great Thanksgiving.

Steve

sharmulst

This is our 3rd Thanksgiving in our Bighorn and just started our 3rd year of fulltiming on Nov. 9. It has been a great 3 years. Enjoying our time here at Colorado River Oasis. We wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for all that we have.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This will be our 1st Thanksgiving in an SOB since we got the Bighorn. We are leaving ours at home and traveling to Danville, VA. We will stay in my cousins SOB in his yard.:(

2010augusta

This will be our first Thanksgiving in the landmark. I wonder how big of a turkey I can fit in the oven??? I just bought a nice little 9.5# one so it should be fine. Defrosting it in the refer could present a bit of a problem. Nope just checked and it fits in real easy.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have most usually been out camping during Thanksgiving. We (I mean DW) have cooked our complete dinner even when we had a Popup. She would cook the turkey in an air-bake oven and everything else either on the 3 burners and/or microwave. There is nothing like eating your Thanksgiving dinner on the picnic table on a Cool Thanksgiving Day. It is wonderful. Recently we have eaten Thanksgiving Dinner either potluck at the RV park we may be at or at Golden Corral (they put on a great feast). By doing it that way there is no clean up. We will usually buy a pumpkin pie so we can have a pie later in the evening. This year I believe we will do the pot luck dinner here at the RV Park. However you do yours, have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be sure to give the glory to our Lord. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

2010augusta

Alan,
You need to just fry that turkey, in a turkey fryer, use peanut oil.
Steve

I love fried turkey, but I think I will stick to roasting it in the oven. I give it a good rub with spices and a bit of oil and no basteing is nessacary, just cover with foil cook for a couple hours and remove the foil to brown the skin, it real easy and stays moist. And I don't have a turkey fryer or room to keep one ;).

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin & I are celebrating our 4th Thanksgiving in the Bighorn and we have much to be thankful for. Our kids and grandkids for allowing us to be on this adventure;), our friends, both Heartland and S.O.B., for making it an adventure and God for many other reasons. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

jgallego

This will be our first Thanksgiving in our Big Country. We are going to New Braunsfels, Texas and staying the the Hill Country RV Park. We have also rented a cabin for my sister, her husband and neices. They will stay in the cabin. My brother has an SOB and will be staying at an rv park nearby. We are spending the whole week in New Brausfels. The whole family including my Mom and Dad will celebrate Thanksgiving here.

Been working all daying getting the Big Country ready.

Jaime