Early discussion - Goshen, Indiana - June 15-19, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Date Announcement - 2011 Goshen Rally

Song and I will be there, Song is ready to trade the 2010 Bighorn 3610 RE for a new Landmark :=0. Better plan for about 300 units showing up![/ouooooQUOTE]

Gene, the ashtray in that 2010 model cannot be full!! But... keep Song happy ;-) Hopefully will see you at Rayford Crossing in October.

Jerry

Re: Location Announcement Goshen, Indiana

have not attended a national rally and are going to first Mich rally in August. Deb and I definitely plan on attending. Have heard about nothing but good times from brother Tom of Ypsi. I think that Furd of his may make it too.

Beth and I are plannig to be there !! Pa chapter is planning their rally the weekend before the National rally !! So We're going to have our self's a convoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I am confused. There are many on this thread that say they will have the same site and have made their reservations but I did not see anywhere where Jim B has began taking reservations. He only made the announcement of the dates and location. I do not believe he will begin taking any reservations until January 2011. Isn't this correct? It is just I don't want anyone to think they made reservations by saying they will be there when reservations have not opened yet.

Jim,

Your so right, no reservations are being accepted until January. And as a benefit of being a club member they are given a chance to reserve first before non club members reservations are taken. NOT To WORRY though, the Rally Grounds can hold all who want to attend the 2011 Heartland Owners National Rally. The Fair Grounds has Sites for hundreds of RV's.

Link to Goshen Indiana Fair Grounds Camping. http://www.4hfair.org/camping
Link to Goshen Fairgrounds Review. http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Indiana/Goshen.html

That said and unless Jim B changes his previous policy, those who will attend the Rally in 2011 will be first offered the same site they held for the 2009 Rally.

Soooo for those who are suggesting they will once again have their same site... They too will be required to wait till the Registration opens for Club members before they can clearly say they will be allowed to be at their OLD RV Site.

Re: Goshen, Indiana - June 15-19, 2011

Good discussion on sites - thanks. At this venue, we assign the sites, unlike a traditional campground, like a KOA, where they assign the sites.

Here's how it usually works:

Jan 1: Registration opens to Club Members. Those who were at the last Goshen rally get first chance at their last site
Feb 1: Registration opens to all Heartland product owners

If I recall correctly, we sold out of the initial 100 sites for this year's rally in Nashville in around 2 weeks - all to Club Members. I dug deep to add another 25 sites before we opened up the rally to non-Club Members.

Bear in mind, like most campgrounds, there will be a mix of 30 and 50 amp sites, with more being 30 amp. All sites are back-in. As always, with these limitations, it's not for everyone.

Jim

DW_Gray

We blocked out our calendar for a week, June 12 to 19, 2011. We had so much fun in Nashville, we don't won't to miss any of the North American Rallies.

we are planning to be there also. going to ontario chapter rally in windsor, ontario weekend before and then head down to goshen. we are new members and owners as of this year. just bought a 2010 bighorn 3580rl in michigan and are loving it. see you next june!

mike and donna tinklin, kitchener, ontario, canada - member # 1727
2005 ford f250 lariat super duty td, quadzilla power module, firestone airbags, trailair pin box
2010 bighorn 3580rl

netters1

Jim, Mac & I plan to be there also...It will be our first rally in Goshen. Can't wait!

Hi Jim: You can count on Judi and I coming to the 2011 Goahen Rally? How do we register? Is our same site available? Just let me know. Thanks Jim! Larry and Judi
Judi and I had a ball at the last rally.

Niles

Count us in, looking forward to meeting old friends and getting to know new ones.

truknutt

Committed Member

Niles, luv the signature..."Freightliner with bike rack" Now that's funny. We can't wait to sit around and watch you get Tucker up into that FL. Do you have a hydraulic lift for him 'cause he's "one big Black Lab"!!!

Dave & Nona

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader

Hi Jim

Joanne and I plan on attending for the first time. Hope to be travelling with a bunch of us from Ontario. See you there.

Rick & Joanne

jnbhobe

Rick and Joanne; Hope to see you guys in Goshen, I know you will enjoy it. Patti and I will be in site # 423.:cool:

Count us in................is registration possible yet? Hope to square dance while there......if there's a club nearby. Any square dancers following this thread?

Jim & Harriet

we are already looking forward to the Goshen Rally - we have heard GREAT things happen there!:angel:

jimtoo

Re: 2011 heartland rally in Goshen

The dates are June 15---19. See this thread for more early information. The registration is not open yet.

Jim M

Status
Not open for further replies.