The season comes to an end.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Well our camping season comes to an end on Sunday. We started volenteering at the state park on April 11 2009. Had to have a friend pull the Big horn that day, my brake controller seem to have died. Found later the fools who installed the fifth wheel plug had unsed the crimp style connectors, and they had corroded so bad that the blue wire came loose.

Just some notes about living in the Big Horn that long.

We purchased our BH in July of 09, and finished our season in it the end of October. We did have to have the service guys come out for a water leak. At the end of October we took it in for a leak in the bedroom slide.
it turned out to be some calking missing at the top of the slide.

Will pulled back out for Thankgiving weekend, and stayed two weeks.
Tempature droped to 13 degrees and we had a little slush in water. We were using electric heaters so no heat was in the bays, but ran the furnace and all was well. pulled out December 5th.

This year had been trouble free unit just a couple of weeks ago the Apollo 1/2 oven started acting up. I'll pull it after we get home. But other than that the Big Horn has been really great.

We bought the Big Horn in the thought of having it paid off before we retire. Also our Daughter will graduate college Dec. 2010. and we ned to get some work done to the house. Once all this gets done and hopefully the housing market picks up, we'll sell it and fulltime in the BH. We both will still be working, and with volenteering, the yard work just doesn't get done like it should. but since we live in the country, the neighbors don't care.

I did go by the house today and mowed a little, shoot who would think of mowing in November, it's 70 degrees here today.
Well that's been our year and we have really enjoyed the park, lake, fellow campers/RVers and the Big Horn. Can't wait for April!!!!!