drivers license limitations....

airedale

i recently found out that here in british columbia, if we are pulling a fifth or a trailer that weighs over 10100 lbs, we are required to go in and complete a written or oral test along with a road test.......free if you're a senior, $65 if you're not......anyone had a ticket yet..??.....i'd kinda like to know what the rules are in the lower 48 and the rest of the provinces up here......lets hear it:confused:

DMitch

In the lower forty eight most states are reciprical to your home state. I would assume the same would apply to Canadian Drivers, but, you know the government (no logic), not sure where you could get that question answered.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
airedale, I moved your thread into an area a bit more related to RV traveling. You had originally put it in an area regarding forum rules and guidelines. It will be more readily available to folks that may be traveling. Excellent subject by the way. Thanks for your post!

airedale

senior moments....

just had one.....saw where this topic had been gone over extensively at an earlier date.....scrub this if you would....tnks

caissiel

With Class5. In NB, my F250 that Ford list for 10,000 lbs GVW is registered for 12000 Lbs and I can pull my RV trailer at any GVW registration. Though I can only have a trailer that is not an RV of 10,000 Lbs. I have a feeling that here in canada the Motorhome owners or dealers are trying to force the 5th Wheels of the roads. Our trucks can haul these bigger units much safer then most old unfit for the road MH I see on our roads today, driven some very inexperienced owners. The same is true of some dealers that tell new trailer owners that their 1/2 tons can safely pull 10,000 Lbs trailers.