Controlling moisture in slideout/how high should I set the heat?

MPLEEMAN

How can I stop moisture in the cabnet on one of my slide outs? i have a Dehumidifier and run it 24/7, but is seems when I run the heat I am still getting moisture in the cabnet above the stove and above the couch, (both in the same slideout) I have North Trail TT.?

How high should I set the heat, especially if it is below 30*?

lwmcguir

If your humidity is above 50% the DAMP RID and a DE-humidifier are going to be needed. Raising the temperature in the coach will drop the measured humidity not increase it. High humidity will cause your walls to peel and buckle inside the camper.

Boca_Shuffles

Is your unit in use or storage? Are the slides in or out?
How cold is it outside?

We had a SOB trailer that had a leaky slider because the chaulking wasn't installed at the factory. This was at the point where the horizontal top of the slider met the vertical, on the outside. The water was running down the inside of the outside wall. The 2 inch screws that were holding up the cabinets were the conduit to bring the moisture into the cabinets. There was water damage inside the cabinets.

We always thought that the problem was condensation from when we were taking our frigid trailer to warmer climates. Since we only had one rainy day in Arizona in 10 weeks, it took a long time to find the problem.

Check to see that the top of the slider is chaulked properly.

MPLEEMAN

Boca shuffles
Thank you for your reply. The camper is in ues the slide outs are out the Tempature varries. Like to night it is snowing and will change to freezing rain. so far it has been down to 21 degrees.

MPLEEMAN

Rick & Debbie thank you for the reply, I will try the DAMP RID. I was also told to open 2 windows about an 1 inch for cross ventilation that will help keep the humidity down, because the outside air will be dryer.

MPLEEMAN

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>lwmcguir //heartlandowners.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_100571", true); </SCRIPT>
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>lwmcguir
Thank you for your reply. I will also try the DAMP RID.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Rick & Debbie thank you for the reply, I will try the DAMP RID. I was also told to open 2 windows about an 1 inch for cross ventilation that will help keep the humidity down, because the outside air will be dryer.
If you're running a dehumidifier, opening the windows for a cross breeze is going to make that thing run even more. Not to mention the furnace. You might try leaving the cabinet doors ajar a bit to help circulate some of the hot, dry air you're pumping around already.

caissiel

We usualy get lots of humidity during a big change in temperature outside. Once it cools down outside the humidity usualy drops to a comfortable level. I use the Air conditioner in cycle with the furnace to dry the air inside. Having double thick windows in our unit helps a lot. Fresh cool outside air will dry the inside quit well. Cool air contains much less humidity then warm air.

Uncle Rog

We have had moisture problems in the past usually from condensation not humidity. The warm air inside combined with the cold walls and just the moisture from using the unit, showers, dishes etc. has been the source of the problem.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
We have had moisture problems in the past usually from condensation not humidity. The warm air inside combined with the cold walls and just the moisture from using the unit, showers, dishes etc. has been the source of the problem.

I'm thinking that is my issue. I have a dehumidifier running almost constantly, with no accumulation of water in it. Yet, the windows are condensing and freezing on the inside. Got any thoughts? :confused:

lwmcguir

What is the measured humidity in the Coach? Single pane windows will condense quickly with relatively low humidity values. If you are in the 40% range or lower that is why you aren't collecting any water. Is the compressor running as well as the fan on the de-humidifier? How cold is the outside temp when you see the condensation? If you are around 68-72 inside the air should hold 40% relative humidity easily.