Broke down in Saskatoon :(

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Mike... I found that Argosy again, it is an 05 with 100,000. It can be seen at www.circuitlighting.com Under truck for sale. It has a lot on it that when you take box off you could sell, Like a lift gate, they are not cheap.

Cough, Cough.... $82k for a used argosy!!!! :eek:....... That's $16k for a down payment and I could build a nice truck for $16k and have it paid for.

Quite frankly...... Freight rates in the RV industry don't justify a new or late model low mile truck or even a truck payment...... Our safety and performance bonus has gone bye bye, the premium for running Canada has disapeared too and it's like pulling teeth just to get a fuel surcharge and fuel has gone up 40 cents since the last raise and if they don't get the money very soon I'll be running south and south east instead of north west and west.

The RV transport industry had only about 1/3rd of the contractors survive last summers meltdown and the industry has still less than half of what it used to have.

I also won't buy anything newer than a 2002 or 2003 because of the emmissions stuff to put it lightly. I like my mechanical diesel in my '98 and when I can't run to the left coast anymore, oh well..... They made their own bed, they can lay in it and I ain't spending $20k+ to have a particulate filter added to it so I can change out that $4000 filter every few years.

I do have my eye on a few trucks. Thinking of going back to a proven O/O combo..... Pete, CAT, Fuller and have found a few I like from $7 - $15k

Hmmmmmm.......... I sure miss my '99 379EX so mabey it's time to build one.
  • Slammed Pete 378 (short hood twin to the 379) riding on 255/70R-22.5 rubber (36" tall rubber) with a 5" drop car hauler front axle on air bags and Pete low air leaf rear suspension.
  • CAT C10
  • Fuller 9 or 10 speed
  • 36" - 48" flat top sleeper
  • Straight pipes and Stainless Vortex breathers
  • Texas bumper
  • Lowrider fenders
  • Taylor wing
  • Lotsa Chrome & polish the aluminum
  • Hodges Hauler style aluminum body
  • Lit up in LED like a Chrismas tree.:D

pmmjarrett

Mike, now your talking TRUCK real TRUCK:cool: Gota have a jake to make the stacks bark. Bob:D:D

Absolutly, it's not optional.... Needs a Train horn too :D:angel:

I have this vision stuck in my head. White Pete w/bright orange lowrider style front fenders, tanks, frame and axles, polished aluminum wheels, tank straps, air tanks and tool boxes. Double JJ headlight brackets and single round headlights, and an Outlaw Customs Bowtie drop visor painted to match.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
WHOOOOPIE...sounds good to me. I've had this vision about a long wheel base 2 axle Pete Black fenders and running gear, dark maroon with black roof and fenders and a low profile double wide sleeper painted to match. Also all the shiny stuff you mentioned. BTW, I saw one like it awhile back pulling a 5'er. OH yea, lowrider fenders.......are they the early 50's style that I have seen lately?? Bob:D

CrazyScotsman

Mike now your sounding like a Chicken hauler. Cluck, Cluck Chicken truck.

By the way I am back in the US, not before I spent a small fortune North of the border. I guess Canada's economy just got better after what I just spent while I was there . Of course US had to get their money to, just for crossing the border back into US. After time you turn around these days, someone has their hand out wanting money.

jimtoo

Mike now your sounding like a Chicken hauler. Cluck, Cluck Chicken truck.

By the way I am back in the US, not before I spent a small fortune North of the border. I guess Canada's economy just got better after what I just spent while I was there . Of course US had to get their money to, just for crossing the border back into US. After time you turn around these days, someone has their hand out wanting money.

Hey, glad your back on the road.. I have never been to the Northern country... does the US charge you when you come back in???

Jim M

CrazyScotsman

They sure do commercial vehicles Jim. Bad thing is, every border crossing the price is different. Think it was $10.75 at Portal, ND. Windsor bridge MI is almost $30 I think, but go a wee bit North to Port Huron MI and it's $16.75.
I think the buggers just toss a coin in the morning, heads it is this amount, tails it's that amount.

I'm glad to I am up and rolling, that sitting around gets old.
Thank you everyone that showed your concern about me. I appreciate it.
Thanks Ken

pmmjarrett

Ken....... It's called a Roooooooooooooster Cruiser. Glad yer back safe and sound. I know what you mean on helping their economy. Man if you have to put a truck in the shop up there they don't use any KY.

I cross so much in Portal ND I mess with US customs a wee bit since Janet Napolitano sent out an email declaring Vets like me to be right wing extremist. I now walk in wearing my "SNIPER, No need to run, you'll only die tired" ball cap or my No Expiration Special issue resident permanent Yankee Hunting License permit No. CSA1861 Registered CSA member keeping Yankees north since 1861 ball cap.... It of couse has rebel flags front and rear too and I always ask them if Janet has me on the terrorist watch list yet.

Last time when they sent me through the Xray machine with my empty truck once again I told them they've used so much film taking my picture that I wondered when the movie was coming out.:angel:

This is what I'm talking about Bob. This truck has the fenders headlights and front bumper I like (exept for the light arangement in the bumper.) I like the second color on the roof of the cab and sleeper too.

Kinda torn about the paint too. Been a long time since I've had the airbruch out and I've been itching to paint something black with real flame and murals. Kinda like these images I photoshopped about 5 years ago.

hood001.jpg

hood002.jpg

Lside002.jpg

Lside003.jpg

Tailgate002.jpg

Tailgate003.jpg

pmmjarrett

$10.75 is the customs user fee for commercial vehicles on the US side on the way back in. If yer coming back from a fishing trip it costs nothing.

Basicly, the US figured out how to tax goods going into Canada and collect it on the way back out. Canada does not charge anything to commercial traffic.

Port Huron and Detroit the extra above $10.75 is the bridge tolls.

pmmjarrett

Mike that's a Ford, are you changing your mind about them ?

I always liked Ford trucks but they ain't what they used to be. I've had..... In the order I had them....
  • 1982 Ford F-150
  • 1985 Ford LTL-9000
  • 2003 Ford F-150
  • 1976 Ford F-100
  • 1990 Ford F-350
  • 2000 Ford F350
  • 2006 Ford F350
  • 1998 Ford F-800
Nope. That was photoshopped pics of my 2000 F350 Lariat LE shortbed dually.... Now that was a nice truck. It was my second Ford dually and my 6th ford truck over the years.
P6250014.jpg

This was my 2006 that got traded for the 2004.5 Dodge.
p4070001a640.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mike, yep them are the fenders I thought they were. Can you imagine what they would weigh if they were the real deal.

Ken, man thats good news that your on your way home.

nhunter

Hey Mike, at least you only get it without KY every once in a while. Some of us have to pay it all the time. I can order parts out of the US, pay shipping and UPS brokerage fee and tax and still come out ahead by quite a bit.

Last edited:

CrazyScotsman

Hey Mike, at least you only get it without KY every once in a while. Some of us have top pay it all the time. I can order parts out of the US, pay shipping and UPS brokerage fee and tax and still come out ahead by quite a bit.

Just hope it doesn't take you as long to get parts from US as it does for Volvo to get parts from US.