The Wait is over!

HD_RoadDog

Well I just received word that our new Cyclone 3612 is in route to the dealership wooohooo! So short of the dealer doing their PDI just a few more days wait till I can finally see the new Cyclone . I bought the 3612 floor plan sight unseen because this particular floor plan was new for the Cyclone line but after looking at all the pictures online from distant dealerships no units closer than 9 hours away:( I knew this was the right RV for our needs.
So I have finished most of the tasks I needed to do to take delivery. I.E. Firestone Ride-rite Air Springs, 45 gal. RDS Aux. fuel tank, Airsafe 25K 5th wheel hitch with the Binkley Holland head. Upgraded water filter and regulator for hopefully better shower pressure then in my last RV.
Banks Economind Tuner, Speed Brake, and IQ Dashboard. Perhaps the Banks items where not really mandatory but they sure will help with the climbing power and stopping of the rig when we hit the grades. I have not have the opportunity to tow with the speed brake as of yet but from first impressions with the brake set to low power during normal driving I am very impressed with this plug and play technology. I have included a couple of photo's of the installed units.
Will provide further updates soon.
Excited needless to say!

Attachments

• DSC01290.jpg
    DSC01290.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC01291.jpg
    DSC01291.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01293.jpg
    DSC01293.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01294.jpg
    DSC01294.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC01296.jpg
    DSC01296.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 85

caissiel

Wow, You did get ready. I am jealous. You never have to much gauges.
Your 5th wheel is a new model, what make is it.

HD_RoadDog

Heartland Cyclone

The make is Heartland it's a newer Cyclone model that just came out around 4 months ago nice floor plan, I have included a couple of pic's that I have acquired from my dealer in Virginia of a 3612 they have in stock.

Attachments

• rvusap603358_11thumb_550x410.jpg
    rvusap603358_11thumb_550x410.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 1_2049_117247_531032.jpg
    1_2049_117247_531032.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 1_2417_120993_636056.jpg
    1_2417_120993_636056.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 73
  • vp1503757_16_large.jpg
    vp1503757_16_large.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 65

lwmcguir

Great prep for sure. After you use the Air Hitch I would like to know how you like it. Going to upgrade to an air hitch but haven't decided which one yet. Your Camper should be great, looks like a fantastic floor plan.

HD_RoadDog

Thanks

Ill be glad to post my imprressions of the air hitch should get a good idea of how well its works omn the return trip home. Thanks for the kind words.

HD_RoadDog

Took delivery of the Cyclone 3612 this weekend it's home!

Well the trip home was uneventful. I have to admit this is my first fifth wheel and a big one it is at that, I am honest in saying that it was a bit intimidating towing this RV at first but a few miles down with 30+ MPH winds and sketchy roads I have to say the Cyclone pulls better than my former 30' Keystone Hobbi. The new Dexter ez-flex axles made the RV ride smooth the AirSafe hitch made for very pleasant towing. The up and down feedback from the RV to the tow vehicle is virtually nil with the AirSafe hitch with only a small unobjectionable amount of chucking.
The Duramax pulls and stops the RV with ease with the help of the Banks speed brake. I don't think the truck or RV brakes were used more than about 20% to slow or stop the rig. Banks needs to refine the slow speed characteristics of the speed brake some it takes some getting used to especially in the high setting.

The Cyclone is wonderful very comfortable quality you can see. Only a couple of roads bumps in our trip went to Spartanburg to camp for a few days spent the first night in chilly temps with no hot water. The anode plug was finger tight and and the valve was set to winterize even though my salesman knew we were camping on the way back home. They were quite busy on Saturday when we picked the unit up they had 5 others RVS leaving that day as well. I didn't recieve much of a walk through but it all worked out.:(
So it took a little while the next day to figure out why i was getting water flow at the hot water side of the faucet but I couldn't get the heater tank to fill.
With a flashlight and a compact mirror I was able to see a valve at the bottom of the water tank was closed solving water fill to the WH. But there are more valves I discovered one mid stream had to be turned off because it mixed cold water with the heated water. Unfortunately the owners manual doesn't cover the valve locations that BTW are very hard to reach at least in the 3612 had to remove the bottom drawer and contort the hand just to reach them, I may add a inspection plate down the road.
The 3612 is very comfy we ordered it with the heat pump option and dual pane windows and the fireplace keeps the main living area warm.
So far very happy with our new Heartland look forward meeting other Heartland owners.
HD;)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulation on your rig. I've enjoyed reading the changes you have made. Happy travels and travel safely.