Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kitty litter box

1. Print this Post   #1

Kitty litter box

We will be travelling with our new kitten, Nellee and I'm wondering where the best place would be for her litterbox. I thought the bedroom closet but remembered with the slides in she couldn't access it? I'd appreciate any suggestions from kitty owners.

Thanks
    Diane
    ~Mark and Diane~
    Owners of 2011 Bighorn 3670
    Proud grandparents of our Madison
    love our furkids: Nellee and Tucker (our campin'cats)
    Owners Club member 1510

2. Print this Post   #2

Diane,

It would really depend on your Bighorn's layout. We have a 3055RL and fussy cats that like a covered litterbox. We use the area at the desk where the chair belongs. It really depends on the space available in your model.

Deb
    Debbie Bylinski
    Florida Chapter
    HOC # 1135
    Northeast Region Director Retired

3. Print this Post   #3

Hi Deb
    We will have the 3670 which also has the desk and chair room. That might work.
    Does the cover type eliminate some of the mess, smell?
    I'm pretty fussy myself and change the litter every couple of days. (its a yecky job but someone has to do it!)

Thanks
    Diane
    ~Mark and Diane~
    Owners Club member 1510

4. Print this Post   #4

Diane, our cats box sit behind the recliners when we are parked. We have two boxes and the other sits near the desk. One thing that we have done, a long time ago, was to go to a product called Feline Pine. It is actually saw dust made into pellets. It has very little dust, does not smell like the clay products, nor does it have the "scented" smell. We scoop daily, and almost never change it. No odors. Very little tracking. Just a food for thought. Our cat does not travel in the Bighorn. He sits on the console between us.

Peace
    Dave
    Dave and Mary
    and C. J.
    2011 Bighorn 3585RL

2013 RAM 3500, CC, DRW, Aisin
    Heartland Owners Club
    Member #1026

Owners Club Membership is now free! Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

5. Print this Post   #5

Thanks Dave, I'm going to look for that Feline Pine. Probably not available in Canada though. Yes our Phoebee stayed in the truck with us, her bed on the centre console. Nellee will do the same but will no doubt be more active since she'll only be 6 months when we leave!

Diane
    ~Mark and Diane~
    Owners Club member 1510

6. Print this Post   #6

Hi Diane,
    Izzy does not like traveling in the truck uless it is real cold. We use a covered box and set it if front of the shower ( just move it when showering). We have not had a problem with odor but after 14 years we might just use to it , guess well have to ask.
    Bill, Jerry & Izzy
    East Berlin Pa
    BC 3500RL
    Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax
    Banks Power
    Club Member #1049
    SOME BAD DECISIONS MAKE GREAT CAMPFIRE STORIES AND LIFELONG FRIENDS

7. Print this Post   #7

We had a Lazyboy recliner and once I killed a kitten by leaning back and he was trapped in the rockers.
    Its a nice area though I keep my guitars back there because the recliners need to be so far from the wall.
    Barbara and Laurent, Retired teacher and maintenance/engineering,Full Timing
    Mods: Hydraulic selector valves, Queen bed, heavier front closet rod, W/D door swing changed, 2" rear hitch. 2" pin box hitch.Added build in water filter, Replaced HW Tank Fittings. Modified 2 ceiling vents. Relocated shocks to 60deg. 9/16" U-bolts and spring plates.Center 7500 lbs Scissor Stabilizer Jacks. Hawkshead TPMS. Reinforced kitchen sink supports.More supports and longer rails to couch drawer. Modified bedroom steps for storage. Modified landing gear jacks, etc.
    2005 Ford F250 SD, XL F250 4x4, Long Box, 6.0L Diesel, 6 Speed Stick, Use ScangaugeII for Economy, available 60 XGauges and Scanner, Fuel Pressure Gauge, Max Energy by Hypertech set at 85HP for cooling, torque and economy. ELC Coolant and Filter and EGR cooler deleted. 2 added 1300lbs each spring plies, Fuel mileage 21 MPusG empty, 12.6 MPusG pulling the BC. 6.2" din2 touch screen car Radio with DVD, TV, CD,SD,USB, GPS and Rear Cam,

8. Print this Post   #8
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar

We also have the 3670 and bring our two cats up to the site during the summer. At first, I put the box (smaller covered type with roof cut open) in the bathroom. Didn't take long to figure out that didn't work. The space between the short kitchen counter and the steps fit it perfectly, though. Our central vac port was mounted on the bottom step riser, not the wall, so it was not a factor. We use the Tidy Cat scoopable litter (put in in a coffee can lined with a plastic shopping bag) and toss it with the trash when full. I check the box and scoop it frequently, so there is no odor and the litter has deodorizing agents in it. Their bowls fit nicely under the overhang on the main counter.

The kitchen photo is before it dawned on me to move the box. It goes where the trash can is and the trash can gets placed in front of the cabinet door. Max, the big black Maine (mostly I think) Coon sits on it.
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with feline fuzzbutts Ally, Merlin & Mickey)
    Max the Cat - RIP
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL

H.O.C. #1225

9. Print this Post   #9

Providing we only bring one cat, my plan is to find a box that will fit under the bathroom sink. I ordered an extra cabinet door that I will cut out an entry door for the cat.

This way it will be semi hidden.
    Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 9
    2018 - 8 so far

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure

10. Print this Post   #10

Hey Dave that's the way to travel!

Ours ride in their bed on the console too. We sometimes have a little complaining from them but it only lasts a few minutes and they settle right down. They traveled from the time they were young so I think that makes the difference. They have ridden for 8 to 10 hours without any trouble. Litter box on the floor in the backseat, water in the travel bowl and occasional tuna snacks. Life's Good!
    Debbie Bylinski
    Florida Chapter
    HOC # 1135
    Northeast Region Director Retired

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast