Roadside assistance and tire replacement insurance

alf1944

I just purchased an 07 Big Horn 3670. What is the best roadside assistace services to purchase. Also are any of the tire replacement insurances any good. My dealer offers one for $299.00 for 7 years. It covers the 5ver and the truck for replacement of tires for road hazzard. Is anything any good. Thanks Lee

jbeletti

Lee,

Depending on the coverage details, that could be a great value. I paid $80 for my first year of Good Sam's Emergency Roadside Assistance (ERS). I think subsequent years will cost me $100. Anyway, used it twice to have flat tires changed. Paid off already. Could have used it on daughters car when we had it towed into shop but we waited a week too late to signup for ERS. Covers 5er and all vehicle here at home.

It does not include repair/replacement costs for road hazards so it is not the same coverage for sure. Just one to think about. Let us know more about the one you mentioned.

Jim

jbeletti

From tirerack.com's website:

WHAT IS A ROAD HAZARD: A road hazard occurs when a tire fails due to a puncture, bruise or break incurred during the course of driving on a
maintained road. Nails, glass and potholes are the most common examples.

I am sure each tire reseller's program has a slightly different definition of what they'll cover.