2009 Year-Ending Retail RV Sales Statistics

jbeletti

The December 2009 and therefore, Year Ending statistics are out for Retail RV Sales. Retail Sales means new vehicle registrations - not units produced.

Here's a snippet of how 2009 shaped up vs. 2008.

TRAVEL TRAILERS

• Market was DOWN 23.5% overall (all mfrs)
Top 10 Manufacturers / Year over Year % of Change

1. Thor Industries / -21.8%
  2. Forest River / -14.9%
  3. Jayco / -29.6%
  4. Gulfstream / +3.1%
  5. KZ / -18.8%
  6. Palomino / -12.2%
  7. Coachman / -8.9%
  8. Monaco / -42.2%
  9. Fleetwood / -51.6%
  10. Heartland / +92.8% (was #15 for 2008)
Heartland Travel Trailers in the top 45 models for 2009 are:

• #21 - North Trail / +43.4% (was #32 for 2008)
  • #27 - North Country / +705.6% (was not in the top 45 for 2008)

5th WHEEL TRAILERS

• Market was DOWN 29.9% overall (all mfrs)
Top 10 Manufacturers / Year over Year % of Change

1. Thor Industries / -26.8%
  2. Forest River / -27.9%
  3. Heartland / -16.5% (was #3 for 2008)
  4. Jayco / -32.0%
  5. KZ / -46.5%
  6. Carriage / -30.3%
  7. Palomino / -9.6%
  8. Coachman / -26.7%
  9. Open Range / +70.1%
  10. Fleetwood / -56.9%
Heartland 5th Wheel Trailers in the top 45 models for 2009 are:

• #3 - Landmark/Bighorn/Big Country / -23.1% (was #3 for 2008))
  • #6 - Sundance / +9.3% (was #8 for 2008)
  • #14 - Cyclone / -29.8% (was #14 for 2008)

Iver

I am one of the new North Country owners for 2010. It is great to hear of the success. The disadvantage of the huge growth is that there seems to be few talked about with authority on this site. General info is great but it would be good to have unit specific info available. (I am still trying to find out where the shutoff valves for the outside shower are).

Jellystone

Jim, thanks for sharing that info w/the forum members. Some of the figures look good for Heartland & others look bad (lack of 5th wheel growth). The key to survive this economic downturn for a "luxury item" manufacturer is QUALITY CONTROL. If Heartland continues to keep the QC in check & improve overall, then in time the sales will go up. Having your manufacturer name associated with quality products and superior customer support service will pay big dividends in the future. Happy Customers = More Overall Sales. Word of mouth as well as dealer promotions are both strong players in moving new unit sales in a positive direction. Once again, thanks for the info & all of the positive support as Director of Owner Interests.

RollingHome

Jim, it feels good to me and Patti personally to know we bought the "3rd" (soon to be first) most popular 5th wheel sold in North America ! "We" obtained this position thru the hard work and dedication of HL employees like yourself (kudo's to u) and loyal (smart and observant) customers like "we" :) We are a team and we will in the not too distant future be numero uno ! Think about that as all us American's go thru a second 'not so great' depression... not bad huh :). Keep up the good work and THANK YOU and ALL the other HL employees for your/their efforts !

Last edited by a moderator:

Ernie & Lettie

Keep up the good work, Heartland will be on top in the near future. This is why I bought one, the quality, service, and if there is a problem it is taken care of. Good work guys.

A

Adley

Hi..
I must say that your sales are definitely on the rise and this trend is quite the opposite at the end of the year because i don't think there are many businesses which have sales like this.Due the gloomy situation of world's economy the entire business and industrial sector is suffering due rise of prices in every kid of material.
Good Luck for the new year.....