Air Compressor Question

navyAZ1

I might be posting in the wrong place, but here goes. Does anyone know how much CFM a compressor would have to have to be able to pump up our tires to 80lbs? The small Cambell-Hausfield pancake compressor I have won't pump up my tires the pressure in the tank drops faster than the compressor can replace it. I'm thinking if I get a compressor that can put out at least 3 to 4 CFM that should do the trick, I think the current compressor I have only has about .6 CFM. And I'm looking for something really compact since we full time and space is at a premium.

Thanks,

Ron

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Do a search for Air Compressors. This topic has been discussed at length several times. Becha can find all of the info you want with the search.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
At the very least you need to get above 1.0.
As Jim suggested, do a search and type in Viair.

Here is the only indication that I have a Viair on board.
Compact and easy to install.
HPIM1413.jpg

I bought this onehttp://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...s&cName=AirCompressors&sid=IDx20070921x00003a for size purposes to carry in the Bighorn. It was very quick with 80 pounds and almost as quick with 115 pounds. I was leery at first because of the size but after taling to the sales guy and the bring it back no questions asked for three years for $15 I figured I was covered. I am very pleased so far. The only negative is a non quick connect hose on either end. I will remedy that to use other accessories quicker. It was $99 at the local sears.

porthole

Retired
I bought one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Industries-MV50-SuperFlow-Hi-Compressor/dp/B000BM8RT8/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_0

I found it to be well-made and pumped up my trailer tires from 85psi to 105psi in about 3 minutes. It's smaller, no tank, but I was impressed with build and performance. If you're interested do a search on reviews.

I have that exact seem compresspor, and that is the reason I went out and got a PC pancake compressor.150 cut out pressure and it works great.

navyAZ1

Thanks for all the suggestions, Tom sent me an e-mail telling me of a place to get a Porter-Cable factory refurbished pancake compressor for $119 it carries the same warranty as a new one. I ordered from Factory Authorized Outlet free shipping and all. Tom says he has been using his for a while and it works great. It is a little larger in size than the cheap one I have and a little heavier but that's okay now that we have our dually to haul the load.

aatauses

We have the Husky and have no problem putting our tires up to 110#. the only thing that I do not like is the weight which is 24#, but the compressor does everytthing the mfg says it will do.
al