Another Maiden Voyage Question -- Heater Switch ?

rmchad

Heartland Owner
OK, my fault -- left on our first trip in the the Sundance and forgot the owner's manual at home on the nightstand:eek:

So far I have remembered many things from the walkthrough, but one has me stumped. The monitor console that shows tank and battery levels has 3 switches on it: Test, Pump, and Heater. What is the Heater switch for? I know it is not the electric hot water heater.

Thanks in advance if you can answer this.

So far, I am very delighted with the Sundance. Furnace, frig, TV, micro, stove, and lights all working. I filled with water today (left dry because it was snowing in Colorado) and the electric hot water heater works great (will try gas later). I also have not found a leak anywhere. I am sanitizing the fresh water tank for a couple days and then will flush well.

-Chad

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The switch on the monitor panel is to run the water heater on propane. You did state that you know where the switch is to turn on the electric heating element for the water heater. You can turn both the electric and propane on at the same time to get hot water faster. One point I must stress....never turn on the electric water heating element unless there is water in the tank. You will burn up the heating element in a big hurry. Glad you are enjoying your new Sundance. Bob