2010 Inaugeral Trip... 100% Success!!

skyguy

Finally got the BH out of the driveway for a weekend - Colorado has had snow at least one day on the weekends for a month now. Actually snowed this weekend too, but we snuck out in front of the front!

A simple little trip to Lake Pueblo, provided everything but a water hookup, but that's OK, because I won't de-winterize for another month yet. It's a lot easier to use a water jug for a couple days, than to clean out the pipes and re-winterize, even with the simple valve system Heartland provides.

Anyway, ignoring the freshwater system... everything was a 100% GO, and worked perfectly. A couple of space heaters ran at 50% power, and kept us just comfy, despite the cold weather (low 20's) and gusty winds (upper 20's).

Thanks Heartland, for providing us one very fine product!

Al

rjr6150

OK now Kathy and I are really jealous. Been talking about getting out also weather just hasn't been ready to cooperate.

See you in May if not before

ceegee

We sure thought about you this weekend. We went to Rich and Sons Open House, had pancakes and registered for the VuCube. We didn't win but had a good time visiting. We walked in and they said, There's Chet and Colleen. Makes you feel good when they remember your name. They sold three Landmarks last week. Didn't have any Landmarks left on the lot. Hey, glad you guys got to go camping. Looking forward to seeing you in May. -- Chet and Colleen

Last edited:

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We also slipped out not from the snow but the rain. Camped with a group from Knoxville tn. Had 1 day of great weather and 2 days of rain but who cares. I been wet before. Nabo was there along with 2 other Sundances. Had 26 rigs. Ready to go again.

skyguy

Hah! Like I asid Randy - after three weekends and three misfires, I was really chompin at the bit.

Dang Chet - I was just sure you would come home with that VuCube. I gave thought to the venture up there, but it just wasn't timed right with the storm.... We really enjoyed that little park just a couple blocks away from Rich's.

Our next venture is mid April to do some stargazin... then Mother's Day rendevous at KOA, you get a free night that weekend. Followed by the Rocky Mountain Spring Rally in Gunnison! Looking forward to that one!! See you guys there!

Can't wait to show off the new little mascot, Jasper. This was his first time out and he enjoys RVing too!

Al, Rexie, and new puppy Jasper.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We also slipped out not from the snow but the rain. Camped with a group from Knoxville tn. Had 1 day of great weather and 2 days of rain but who cares. I been wet before. Nabo was there along with 2 other Sundances. Had 26 rigs. Ready to go again.

Sounds like the beginnings of a formal TN chapter!

skyguy

Colleen - It is "most" KOA's, but not all, I believe. We will be staying at the KOA in Colorado City. It's one of the top KOA's in Colorado, AFAIK, very nice. They will have LOTS of activities!

Goto koa.com, and see what's available. It's pretty popular, so it may be hard to find reservations - don't know. You are welcome to join us if they got room!

Al

dennis2188

We sure thought about you this weekend. We went to Rich and Sons Open House, had pancakes and registered for the VuCube. We didn't win but had a good time visiting. We walked in and they said, There's Chet and Colleen. Makes you feel good when they remember your name. They sold three Landmarks last week. Didn't have any Landmarks left on the lot. Hey, glad you guys got to go camping. Looking forward to seeing you in May. -- Chet and Colleen

I was at Rich and Sons this weekend for the open house and pancake feed. Didn't win the VuCube either. I was the one picking up our new Bighorn. Hopefully we are going to be able to take it to Sherman Lake tomorrow and get it set up. We leave it there all summer, if you've never been there it is quite nice in the summer.

Dennis and Rhonda

ceegee

What model did you guys get? I looked out the window once (during the rain) and noticed a 5th wheel pull up. Bet that was you. Also, where exactly is Sherman Lake? Looked it up on th map and really wasn't sure which CG you were talking about? Good luck with your new rv. Know you'll enjoy it. -- Chet and Colleen

dennis2188

What model did you guys get? I looked out the window once (during the rain) and noticed a 5th wheel pull up. Bet that was you. Also, where exactly is Sherman Lake? Looked it up on th map and really wasn't sure which CG you were talking about? Good luck with your new rv. Know you'll enjoy it. -- Chet and Colleen

We got the 3055rl from Rich and Sons back in November. Had it in for some warranty work and to have the protectant/sealer put on the trailer. Sherman Lake is northwest of Grand Island near Loup City, NE. We seasonal camp there during the summer and then pull off in late October or early November just depends what the weather is like. We pulled our trailer up today and set up since it was so nice out. While we were there two more Bighorn campers pulled in to set up. Our neighbor who isn't up yet also has a Bighorn. The lake has excellent fishing for walleye, catfish, crappe, white bass, and northern. This is a state lake with camping but if you need hookups, you need to get a camping spot from Tradewinds Marina. We have been camping up at Sherman Lake or Reservoir for about 22 years and consider it our summer home.

Dennis and Rhonda