3670RL roof exhaust fan over kitchen sink

RollingHome

I feel dumb asking this but I know someone knows. I tried to turn the exhaust fan on over my kitchen sink. The thing is about 12 feet in the air ! Do I have to drag a 6' step ladder out everytime I want to use it ? I looked for awhile and I can't find a switch at ground level... Did I miss it or what ? Also, it looks like there is a speed control up there. I'm not lazy, I have some medical issues that won't allow me to do gymnastics. I think I missed this in the walk thru. In advance thanks. Tom

RoadJunkie

Tom, the vent in the ceiling above the sink is a "Fantastic Fan" and is controlled by the thermostat mounted next to the furnace/air conditioner thermostat on the wall as you move to the bedroom. The fan will automatically open and close the vent cover and run the fan based on the temperature you select on the thermostat. Also included is a rain sensor that will close the vent and turn off the fan in the event of rain.

RollingHome

Thanks guys, I must have been shown that during the walk thru... We just covered so much that day. I also feel much better now, I really dreaded the ladder thing. Tom

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We use one of those grabber things (used to reach items on high shelves) to change fan speed as needed or just to turn off the fan if we only want the vent open. You will need a ladder to remove the screen for cleaning. We replaced the screens with the pop-off version. Much easier to clean now.

RollingHome

Bill, Remotes are like Passwords & Usernames ... I don't want anymore... That being said, who should I order my Fantastic remote from ? That's just too tempting, Patti's gonna love it, more gadgets. That's her name for me Mr. Gadget

Ray, thanks, I'm going to investigate the grabbber and the screen. Do you need a 2 step stool to use the grabber ? I'm ignorant about the pop-off screen, any idea where I can find more info ? On the web or should I just go to Camper's World or similiar ? I've never had a Fantastic vent fan before but I get the impression from the forum most users like them and are big fans of them... no pun intended. Thanks again, Tom

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bill, Remotes are like Passwords & Usernames ... I don't want anymore... That being said, who should I order my Fantastic remote from ? That's just too tempting, Patti's gonna love it, more gadgets. That's her name for me Mr. Gadget

Ray, thanks, I'm going to investigate the grabbber and the screen. Do you need a 2 step stool to use the grabber ? I'm ignorant about the pop-off screen, any idea where I can find more info ? On the web or should I just go to Camper's World or similiar ? I've never had a Fantastic vent fan before but I get the impression from the forum most users like them and are big fans of them... no pun intended. Thanks again, Tom
Tom, we can use the grabber from the floor. I do have to use a small step ladder to reach the screen for removal.

2010augusta

Tom, before you go out and buy a pop-a-screen for the vent, check your current one out. our 2010 and most new unit come standard with the pop in screens. If you screen is not held in by 4 screws then it is a pop in.

caissiel

After we purchased our unit we invested in a nice sturdy set of 2 step ladder for inside and a 6 ft ladder for the outside that I carry in storage. Never know when there is maintenance requirements on an RV. Or even for cleaning in and out.

But still with the 2 step unit the Wife asks me to reach the high stuff like the fan and AC cleaning.