Yellowing trim on entry door

ct0218

Some years ago, when we owned SOB trailer, all the vinyl trim outside started turning yellow. I must have tried a couple dozen different products before I came across one that took all the yellow discoloration off. With the combination of time (10 years or so) and age---I can't remember what I used that worked. Does anyone know of a product or process to get rid of the yellow?

charlie51

Good question. I would like to know as well. My window trim on the entry door is discolored. Nothing else has changed just the entry door window trim.

RollingHome

Patti found out that "Awesome" from Dollar General will bring back yellow plastic like new, I've seen the results... They are, well - Awesome ! Do not get it on any painted surfaces and do a test spot first. Tom

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I installed a new decorative window and took some white spray paint that is non gloss and painted the window frame. So far the frame is still nice and white has not turned yellow.

That's what I did....

BC

Attachments

• DSC_1526M.jpg
    DSC_1526M.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0692M.jpg
    IMG_0692M.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 32

rideblue

I painted mine with black plastic paint. I like the black better cuz all the window seals are black. You can buy replacements that are black already also.

ct0218

Good--that gives me a couple options. I can try some Awesome, and if that doesn't work, I'll paint it! Thanks.