Information Help

jopatk

I'm the proud owner of a 2008 Sundance 2998RB that we bought new in Gresham, OR. The dealer is now out of business so I'm not sure where to turn for info. Most of the things that have gone wrong I've fixed myself. Where can I get info on fixing problems. The steps leading up to the bedroom, and the landing just below, squeak terribly. I'm going to pull up the carpeting and see what I can do, but I'm afraid of driving screws down through the floor - might hit a tank. Also, I would like to mount a sewer hose tube under the trailer. The longest one at Camping World is 64" long, but the "I" beams are more like 70" apart. There are 2 screws in between that must go into some support, but not sure if they go front to rear like the beams or side to side. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi,

Good to hear from you on the forum! I can 't really help you with your questions, but I can invite you to a rally where there will be lots of people with lots of experience fixing and modifying things.

I'm the Oregon chapter leader for the Heartland Owner's Club and we are having our second annual OR rally at Winchester Bay in June.

Here is the link to the info. There is no better way to meet new people and learn about our trailers than to go to a rally. There is lots of talking, eating, drinking, talking, eating, etc. //heartlandowners.org/../forum/images/smilies/angel.png We do have fun and we all have something in common which helps to break the ice if you don't know anyone yet. We've made some very good friends this way.

I can tell you that there is a Heartland dealer in the Eugene area of OR, one in Coos Bay, and one in Grants Pass. Talking to the service dept on the phone may get you some of the answers you need. Calling Heartland directly might also get you what you re looking for.

We hope you can make the rally, but even if you can't, have fun with the forum and good luck with your projects.

Kristy

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jopatk, I really cant help you on the stairs. Someone else will help im sure. As far a poop hose carrier...this is what I made out of a plastic fence post and 2 end caps. The posts are 8' wide, I had to cut about 6" off so that it would not stick out beyond the trailer sides. I glued one cap on and put the hinge on the other end. Notice the hinge is on the door side. I made the brackets from some aluminum strap I had and installed them to the frame rails with self tapping screws. The hinge and the latch are from an old Igloo ice chest (katkens idea). Here are some pix. Email or PM me if you need help with it Bob

Attachments

• trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 36
  • trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 36
  • trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 33

jopatk

Hi,

Good to hear from you on the forum! I can 't really help you with your questions, but I can invite you to a rally where there will be lots of people with lots of experience fixing and modifying things.

I'm the Oregon chapter leader for the Heartland Owner's Club and we are having our second annual OR rally at Winchester Bay in June.

Here is the link to the info. There is no better way to meet new people and learn about our trailers than to go to a rally. There is lots of talking, eating, drinking, talking, eating, etc. //heartlandowners.org/../forum/images/smilies/angel.png We do have fun and we all have something in common which helps to break the ice if you don't know anyone yet. We've made some very good friends this way.

I can tell you that there is a Heartland dealer in the Eugene area of OR, one in Coos Bay, and one in Grants Pass. Talking to the service dept on the phone may get you some of the answers you need. Calling Heartland directly might also get you what you re looking for.

We hope you can make the rally, but even if you can't, have fun with the forum and good luck with your projects.

Kristy

Sorry, but the link didn't work for me. Thanks for the come back and we'll try to make it down to
Oregon for the Rally. Thanks. Pat

jopatk

What a great idea. I had thought of some sewer pipes from Home Depot, but your idea is great. Thanks. Pat

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sorry, but the link didn't work for me. Thanks for the come back and we'll try to make it down to
Oregon for the Rally. Thanks. Pat

Sorry about that. I fixed the link and here it is again.

Kristy

olcoon

If you don't have an old ice chest laying around, & need hinges/latch, I know Coleman sells repair parts for their coolers, so I'm sure the other mfg. do also.