Lippert springs strike again

Birchwood

After the first year with my Landmark the shock gromets were almost completely gone.
Called Lippert and they said I must of been traveling on rough roads.Well yes some roads
are rough but they were only one year old.They suggested I purchase new gromets
so that is what I did.Upon replacing them I did notice the shock shafts were all bent but
thought that must be in the design.
What I have been reading in these threads is that I am biding my time and eventually
the springs will brake,tires will wear unevenly and axles are always overloaded!
Its getting down to ordering a fifth wheel with no furniture and no drive train.
My next RV trip will be a wonderful experience thinking of what will happen next.
Maybe we are getting to much information about our RVs.

Last edited:

Razduck

Now for our dilema, replace or let it ride during our warranty? After reading all the people's issue with the Lippert Springs, we are considering a full replacement with more heavy-duty springs, and shock re-location, prior to any issues occurring. We are unsure what to do, since our BC is still under the Factory warranty, but want long-term service from our new BC, and no spring breakage etc. We are exploring options at this time, and will be talking to our local RV Shop about the suspension issue and possible solutions.

SmokeyBare

My suggestion is to take it to your favorite RV shop or Spring Shop and have them install a wet bolt kit. I'd leave the springs go at this time.

The Wet Bolt kit should have much thicker shackles than what came on the RV. The bolts have Zerk fittings and make sure the kit provides new bronze bushings, instead of the plastic ones that are on the RV now. The Bronze bushings are installed through at the "EYE" ends of the springs.

With the wet bolts installed, your going to be able to lube the bolts every so often, and when down there you can check out the condition of the RV's suspension. Make sure to ask the shop to torque the U-Bolts that hold the springs to the axles. After traveling down the road some distance, they all seem to need tightened.