Additional Storage Cabinet for 3055RL

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Sharol and I have been looking for a cabinet that would fit into the unused washer/dryer area in our 3055RL. We finally found a (kit form) one at Lowes in a cherry wood finish that matches fairly well with the paneling. It has three flat drawers and each drawer has a front panel that would help hold items on the drawer.

The cabinet is Lowes item number 142083 and sells for $ 68.88. It's dimensions are 24"W X 14"D X 33"H and fits snug.

I added some 1/4" plywood across the back to provide something better to screw magnetic latch plates for the drawers on the inside of the cabinet back. I also added the magnets to the bottom rear center of each drawer. They seem to hold fairly good. The provided back is a very thin hard cardboard. Also the plywood provides a stronger backing so I could add screws from inside the back to mount the cabinet to the trailer wall. You may have to remove some trim on the left panel in the trailer and/or replace the round head screws with flat head ones on the right plumbing access panel in order to get a little more room if you have a tight fit. Mine went in fairly tight.

I've attached some pictures which should help.........

Tom & Sharol

Last edited: