EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WI, Lake Delton - 8/12/2011 to 8/14/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
WI Chapter Rally Update: Thank you for contacting me regarding registration for the August 12 -14 rally. We now have 12 rigs officially registered, and waiting for Jim B. to be number 13. Here is the list of those registered for the August 12 - 14 WI rally. If there is an error, or you registered and are not on the list, please contact me ASAP. Tom/Gerry Weber, Paul/Sue Alfano, Bob/Lynn Schmid, Mike/Chris Born, Jerry/Karen Vredeveld, Jim/Jan Quella, Dave/Mary Hromek, Larry/JoAnn McCullen, Reg/Nancy Hromek, Jerry/Jaci Volend, Michael Numberick, and Bruce Bishop. There are only 2 sites being held open for our rally, and when I spoke to Terri Lynn at Country Roads on Sunday, April 03, I was informed that our chances of getting more sites is currently not looking too promising. So, if you are planing on joining the WI group at Country Roads Motor Home & RV Park please make your reservations ASAP. Call 608-253-2132 to make your reservation, and after making reservations please send me a message confirming your rally reservation. Happy travels to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

What's up Wisconsin! Always wanted to say that :)

Okay, Tom rode me pretty hard so I decided to get him off my back :) Spoke to Terry today, she's feeling better but still under the weather. She placed me on rally site 37. I am arriving on 12-Aug. Sorry I can't get there sooner. I'll be there for 5 nights.

See y'all in Wisconsin and many of you in Goshen and parts in between, before August.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think Jim B and I have taken the last 2 available sites. So sad... Tom, we may have to look for a park with more availability in the future?? How big is Walmart's lot?

tweber

Actually Jim B. and Ray reserved the the 13th and 14th sites respectively. There is 1 site still available. Fifteen sites were reserved, and that is and increase of 5 over the previous year. There still may be other sites available at Country Roads. Any one interested in attending the WI Chapter rally call Terri Lynn, 608-253-2132, make your reservation and then send me a message so I can add you to the rally group. I have to keep an accurate list of those attending for Grill Master Paul. Happy travels to all.

tweber

Ray is correct. The "pot luck" does run Friday through Sunday afternoon. However, the Grill Master"s feast will begin at 5:00 P.M. (1700 hours). If anyone has contacts that can be used to obtain door prizes, please consider helping out our WI Chapter, and try to obtain door prizes for our rally. The dealer from whom you purchased your Heartland unit may be willing to donate items to be used as door prizes. Please consider asking. Thank you.

tweber

Rumor or not a Rumor? I received word that ALF may now be 1Grill Mater, and that is not all. Saukville Bob may be changing to Grill Master Apprentice. The news is always amazing. Go for it.

Ray LeTourneau

Who is coming in on Thursday? Tom, do you know if Country Roads has a large covered grill? I was thinking of doing some chicken wings as a Thursday afternoon snack.

I accept the challenge! It will be an honor and a privilege to apprentice under the “GREAT ONE”. It is not every day that Grill Master Alf will share his vast knowledge and skills. I will have to resurrect the humble cooking skills I learned many years ago working at the Big Boy restaurant in West Allis.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray
We will be there on Thursday. We have a Weber 18” table top charcoal grill. Do you want us to bring it?
I have a Weber Q but the racks for the wings won't fit under the lid. I need a normal sized grill, either gas or charcoal (best option). I have an old Weber kettle I could bring if I can get the legs off. If the campground has a grill we'll be fine. Thanks for the offer though...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We will be there on Wednesday. Wings sound good. Lemme know if you need any grilling stuff.
I'll hold your beer while you set everything up.

Peace
Dave

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Rumor or not a Rumor? I received word that ALF may now be 1Grill Mater, and that is not all. Saukville Bob may be changing to Grill Master Apprentice. The news is always amazing. Go for it.

Yes....it is not a rumor. The "Grill Master" has accepted the challenge and welcomes Saukville Bob as Grill Master Apprentice! He always needs someone to do his fetching.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Who is coming in on Thursday? Tom, do you know if Country Roads has a large covered grill? I was thinking of doing some chicken wings as a Thursday afternoon snack.

We should be there on on Thursday for sure...possibly Wednesday. Wings sound great!

tweber

Thanks, Ray. Chicken on Thursday is a great idea. Yes, Country Roads does have a large covered propane grill. It is in the shelter, and we use it to prepare the pot luck meat. It is not too easy to move great distances. I would have to check with Terri Lynn to clear using it on Thursday.

Today I attended my first grilling lesson given by the “Grill Master” Alf. We did not even fire up the grill for the lesson. Today I learned the number one “Most Important” thing to keep the Grill Master happy. Have plenty of beer and make sure it is cold. This grill training is going to be tough! I will do my best to not disappoint any of the Wisconsin HOC members.

tweber

WI Chapter Rally Update: Fifteen rigs have registered for the August 12 - 14 rally @ Country Roads, Lake Delton. Three rigs are from MI, but Dan & Kathy Halverson are official WI Chapter members. Any one still interested in attending the rally should give Terri Lynn a call, 608-253-2132, ASAP. The number of rigs has increased about 50% over 2010, and 100% since 2009. That is outstanding. Gerry and I are looking into group rates for Dells boat rides and Dells duck rides. If any one has suggestions for other activities please email us so we can investigate them, tank67tommy@gmail.com. Happy camping and travel safe.

GOTTOYS

I just signed up for the rally. We're coming in on Thursday. They weren't sure if I would get a spot among the other Heartlanders or not, but she said we would have a spot somewhere. I might have to defect away from the Iowa Chapter if this is too much fun....Don

Ray LeTourneau

Don, good to hear you'll be at our Wisconsin Rally. Don't think of it as defecting from Iowa, lets just call it expanding your horizons.

Status
Not open for further replies.