2nd Fan-tastic vent overkill ?

flyfishing48

Our Sundance has a Fan-tastic vent in the bedroom. It does a great job of moving air through and out of the the trailer. Our issue is with the manually opening vent over the kitchen area. It is difficult for me to reach the handle to open and not possible for my wife to reach at all.
My solution to this problem is to install a Fan-tastic vent in place of the manually opening vent. I hesitate because having 2 Fan-tastic vents seems like overkill.
I recall reading a post that indicated that the unit is prewired for this, so installation should be pretty easy. I would probable get the fan with the remote control.
Anyone out there have 2 of these on there coach?

Our Sundance has a Fan-tastic vent in the bedroom. It does a great job of moving air through and out of the the trailer. Our issue is with the manually opening vent over the kitchen area. It is difficult for me to reach the handle to open and not possible for my wife to reach at all.
My solution to this problem is to install a Fan-tastic vent in place of the manually opening vent. I hesitate because having 2 Fan-tastic vents seems like overkill.
I recall reading a post that indicated that the unit is prewired for this, so installation should be pretty easy. I would probable get the fan with the remote control.
Anyone out there have 2 of these on there coach?

Tom,
Our unit came with a F/F and was installed in the Kitchen/Dinning area, about mid way through the coach. With the ceilings being so high in that area ours is set up and controled by a thermostate. The problem i was having is on those cooler nights, it did a pretty good job but I wanted more air movement to keep the bedroom cooler. We had a 2nd F/F installed in our bedroom. When we purchased the coach It came with one of those little crappy fans that you see most bathrooms, that i never ran because it didn't do any good and it was to loud... The ceilings are low in the B/R, so getting to the manual controls for that one is no problem. The one in the main living area has a rain sensor with no hood over it, the one i ordered for the bedroom has manual controls with a vent hood over it, that way if its raining on those cool nights I can still run the one in the bedroom.

Tom

We have two and use them both quite often. The original in the kitchen area and the 2nd was moved from the bedroom to the stool room when we added the 2nd A/C. We rarely use the 2nd A/C and use the 2 exhaust fans more often.

We ordered ours with two rain sensor FF. One in the kitchen and the other in the BR. So far we haven't needed a 2nd AC, but if we do, the BR fan will get moved to the bath.
The fans have a done a good job for us.
Kristy

We have 3 FF. In the K and BR with a rain sensor, K one has a wall thermostat, BR does not have a wall thermostat, Bath FF has a Max Air cover(we leave open when in storage) and is a basic model. They move so much air and are so much quieter than the junk normally installed. Have felt they are well worth the money. We use our fans much more than the AC(except in summer). We like quiet and the AC is so noisy............

When we pull into a CG and it is hot, we turn the fans on immediately to pull in the outside air. If we need AC we still do this for 15 minutes or so to get out the hot air and reduce the load on the AC.

We have done the same as Wharton in post #5. All three are the larger better fans. The bedroom has the wireless remote, the kitchen is the OEM with rain sensor plus T/stat and the bath is the all manual FF.

Our single A/C seems to do a decent job of cooling down the trailer when we need it, but having a second Fantastic Fan in the bedroom sounds like it might be in our future. I have a cover over the one in the kitchen, so it works whether it's raining or not.

If I recall from previous posts, etc., it's pretty much a direct replacement, other than fishing the thermostat wire and mounting the thermostat. But, with the remote type, is the thermostat controller actually in the fan housing? If so, then fishing wires would not be needed.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have 2 rain sense fans. I leave them set all year long when parked. Keeps the Horn cool in the hot summer. I will probably put the BR fan in the stool room when the 2nd A/C is added.