ORPHANS POSTS - 3-Aug-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Posts that appear in this thread were moved here on 3-Aug-2010 as part of a database cleanup that was a result of a forum database error that unlinked these posts from their original thread.

Over time, if it can be determined where they go, they can be moved by an Admin or Mod.

If you recognize one or more as your own and would like to see them moved, you may make the request via PM to any Admin or Mod.

We will need the following:

• Post # in this thread
  • URL of the thread the post needs to be moved back to
We must have those two pieces of data. Please do not send in requests to move a post you recognize as yours, but fail to give us the URL (the link) to where it goes.

On behalf of all Forum Administration, I apologize for the inconvenience of these orphaned posts.

Jim

Glad to hear your trip went well! I am also glad to know your 2500 HD handled the Bighorn with no problems. We have an 06 Chevy 2500 and have been considering upgrading to a Bighorn, sounds like the truck will do the job.

Re: Is My Water Heater Gas or Gas/Electric

The water heater you have is Gas /Electric......The switch that looks like the light switch is the correct switch.........the toggle switch on the monitor panel is just an extra toggle, it is not hooked to anything.....This is just the way the monitor panel comes....Thanks

The pin was already out of the little hole and the switch was turned to "On" and it appears from the last reply that turning on the heater only requires turning on the light switch. Is this correct? I guess the issue is our not understanding how this water heater works. How do you select gas or electric or do both work together? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

The pin was already out of the little hole and the switch was turned to "On" and it appears from the last reply that turning on the heater only requires turning on the light switch. Is this correct? I guess the issue is our not understanding how this water heater works. How do you select gas or electric or do both work together? Sorry for all the dumb questions.
The little switch outside on the water heater can be left on all the time. You can then operate the heater from inside using the "red" light switch. The heater can be operated on both LP & elec by using the small black switch on the monitor panel and the "red" light switch at the same time. Personally, I don't know how effective this is. I've never timed it. BE SURE TO HAVE WATER IN THE HOT WATER HEATER BEFORE USING IN EITHER LP OR ELECTRIC.

Re: Its official

jimto the honey do list is getting bigger and bigger, dont care cause I want to stay busy. Rolling Home my wife was born not to far from you, Annville. Off of 934 I think. And Don't worry about the meds. hahahaha Take care Ernie & Lettie

Private pilot Ernie, I own a Grumman Tiger 4 place, I've flown jet fighters, twins, hot air balloons and gliders...Trust me dude, what I do does not even come close to holding a candle to what you did ! You were one corageous individual for serving us in the way you did (ordanance loader, I mean comon !) ... I would like to say thank you for all the really dangerous stuff you did, you have more cajungies then me and others :). To change the subject, Bill Knight's a smart dude huh ? He always has words of wisdom that ought to be listened to... He and a few others always get my attention on this forum. JMOHO... Tom

PS. In closing, enjoy your retirement, you earned it dude.

Tom, you are right Bill is one smart guy. Thank you for your kind words but it was my job. Next year around june or july the wife and I are thinking about 3 different places we may go, and annville is one of them. The other 2 are Scotland with some friends or going to Connecticut in july. If we decide on annville maybe we could get together and have a cup of coffee. will let you know whats going on. later Ernie & Lettie

Rolling homed and Ernie:
Thanks so much for the words of praise. I would like to comment more, but in PM's to you two guys.

Maybe, I sometimes say/comment too much, and step on some toes (lightly, I hope). It is all done in the spirit of trying to help out our community and improving the brand.

Re: Help !

Dont make crock pot cooking any harder. The web site provided is chock full of great recipes and thank you for providing it. Any man that cooks goes up higher on the scale of love!! After 36+yrs of cooking for our families, nothing could make a wife happier than having a meal provided for them. I revolted when my kids left home and poor Duane is now responsible for his own hunger pains (most of the time). Keep trying and all you can do is get better.
My quick fix for the crock pot is just add a can of soup not watered down. Also the new crock pot liners make clean up so much easier! Make more than you need and freeze some for the next camping trip!!. You know you will always have Duane as a quest for breakfast too!!

Re: dedicated electrical outlets

Thanks for sharing. And I see you use the proven formula of happy wife = happy life. Smart man.

By the way, if you're not busy next weekend, consider joining a lot of other smart folks at our National rally in Nashville :)

Jim

Re: dedicated electrical outlets

I added extra plugs to mine also but I ran a totally new line from the UDC and put a common male plug on it which I then plug it into the site power. Of course this only works if the site has extra household plugs together with the 30/50 amp outlet. I really only need it when hooked to 30 amp. I have done this on several trailers and it is very useful, especially in the winter.

Re: Rain!

Morning Dave,

What time are we meeting to stuff packets and where?

Dave .

Dave - plan C is now in effect for this project. We will be in a cabin south of the old A frame office where there are 4 small cabins. I have one rented for my mother-in-law. Only a few of us will squeeze into it. Stop by but no promise on needing/fitting you. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.