2011 Sundance fresh water tank

PEIFAMILY

Hi,

Went camping yesterday and filled the fresh water tank for the first time, I put the hose up to the gravity hose hole and filled it until water ran back out. Checked the panel and it showed 1/3 full under the test? I thought I must have jumped the gun, went back out and tried again, still was full and wouldnt take anymore water. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Jason

2010augusta

might have a blockage in the vent line for the tank. A few shots of compressed air into the vent line should clear things up and let you add more water.

2010augusta

yes, the screen next to the filler is the vent. I would go to the back side and remove the hose, from the vent screen thing.

Duramax1

When we first took delivery of our Sundance I experienced the same problem.

I took it back to the dealer and was told that there was a kink in the Vent line.

That solved the problem.

Although I did experience the same problem this summer. I simply put some air down the vent line and that solved the problem this time. Evidently some water had settled into the vent line.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sounds to me like the vent hose might be lower than the tank. If your filling problem persists, take it back to the dealer....or drop the underbelly and check it yourself. Mine was and I ended up cutting about a 1' 1/2" out if it.

ChopperBill

I carry about 2 foot of 5/8 heater hose with me and put one end on the vent screen and blow the air out with my mouth. I also have one of those filler hoses that hook to the water hose that had the short piece of clear hose attached. I replace that short hose with one about 3 feet long and snake it down the filler. Seems some of these fillers have a kink or whoopie in 'em so the longer extension goes passed the obstruction.

PEIFAMILY

Went out and filled the FW tank until it stopped. showed 1/3. So I took the compressor and gave a quick shot in the hose, tried again.. FILLED FULL THIS TIME!! :)

Guage showed full :)

I think I will stiill do the idea of the clear hose inserted inside :)

Thanks everyone!

jnbhobe

As Bob said pull the basement wall or and the bottom and put the vent line above the tank and you will have no more problems. I cut the end off a washing machine hose and put that in the fill also, works good.

ssjt2000

Im a week late....but what happens is when the tank is first filled...water enters the vent tube and blocks the air. So what we do, on numerous units , is add a secondary vent line with a petcock , and when you fill the tank, leave the petcock open till your tank is full and water is running out the petcock...then turn off petcock. Works everytime.