3670 Bedroom Roof Vent

StephenKatSea

Just found the factory installed Bedroom Roof Vent on our BH 3670 in shambles - Totally gone/remains found in the area, distruction apparently due to the desert temps, extreme low humidity and direct sun (only 2 yrs old). Any suggestions here on a more durable roof vent, able to better withstand desert conditions? Notice that the additional "MaxAir" roof vent cover is NOT used on BH 5ers. Curious if there is a reason for that, other than a little additional over all height?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The MaxxAir vent cover (for standard roof vents) does indeed work on a BH3670. I have two of them mounted over my vents. I've got the MaxiAir cover (or whatever it's called) covering my Fantastic Fan in the living room. And it works just fine. I really don't give a hoot about the rain sensor.

No, Heartland does not install them. You do. For the standard vent covers, get the hinge mount accessory for them. Makes it simple to clean inside.

wdk450

I had one break on my last trip to Seattle. I attributed it to having the vent half open going down the road and low branches (I found the fiberglass on the air conditioner cover dented in at the same time). Anyways, thunderstorms were visible nearby, so I chased around South Seattle until I found a new cover.
I didn't get an unbreakable one due to the impending storm rush, but I have seen them on the internet. Here is a link (BTW, if I remember right, the correct one is the 3rd one listed - the "New Elixir since 1994" one).

http://www.shoprvparts.com/product.do?no=14251F