Slide switch relocation

trvlrerik

Has anybody else added a rocker switch to operate the slides from the garage area? I have a very tight storage area that I cannot open the front door to get to the switch, but I can open the garage door. I guess I am looking for the simplest way to get the wiring back into the garage area, any ideas?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
On my Bighorn there is a rocker switch and valves on each of the slides so that I can open all slides or control which slides open.

porthole

Retired
Not easy to see sometimes, but there is a rocker switch in the front - generator compartment.

This picture is from the basement looking forward, the switch is circled.
But to get back to your original question, there is no reason why you could not extend the wires into the garage and add an additional switch.

I did that with my electric awning.

Attachments

• LevelUp_install_04b.jpg
    LevelUp_install_04b.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 35

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Looking at your photo, Duane, it looks like you would be hard pressed to manually run the slides via the 1/4" hex fitting on the back of the motor. Hope you never run into that. On my 3670, there is an access hole in the forward basement wall to get at that fitting, with an extension on the bit.

porthole

Retired
Looking at your photo, Duane, it looks like you would be hard pressed to manually run the slides via the 1/4" hex fitting on the back of the motor. Hope you never run into that. On my 3670, there is an access hole in the forward basement wall to get at that fitting, with an extension on the bit.

You are absolutely correct. That is why I have a custom length bit that will work with one of my 14.4V Dewalt's.
I have to put the bit into the motor and then chuck it in the drill.

Since you brought it up John, everyone ought to at least see if they can gain access to the manual port with a cordless drill, especially with a generator installed.

Last edited:

trvlrerik

The photo helped me locate the front switch I did not know that I had. In my 3912 the platform for the pump is mounted as high as possible so the motor just clears the top of the compartment. I had to use a mirror to see the self tapping screw to get the braket off and remount it to the bottom of the motor mount.

Do you guys with BH campers have the control valves under each slide or in the front generator garage like the Cyclone?

Jimmy

The photo helped me locate the front switch I did not know that I had. In my 3912 the platform for the pump is mounted as high as possible so the motor just clears the top of the compartment. I had to use a mirror to see the self tapping screw to get the braket off and remount it to the bottom of the motor mount.

Do you guys with BH campers have the control valves under each slide or in the front generator garage like the Cyclone?

Mine is in the front compartment on the curb side, I call it the hydraulics access compartment, and it has its own slam door.

JohnDar

This is the hydraulic system for my BH3670, located in the compartment in front of the DS basement door. The battery is located under it. I've since labelled the other three valves.

View attachment 9810

trvlrerik

That looks like a lot easier access than my Cyclone, I have my hydraulics, battery, air compressor and generator crammed into my front (under the front) "garage". The hydraulics are next to the ceiling of the compartment, making it tough for me to use the trifocals for close up work. My wifes handheld mirror is often found in my toolbox now.

JohnDar

I hear ya on the trifocals, pal. Sometimes I put them on upside down just so I can see up in tight spaces. Or I grab my bifocal computer glasses. I'm thinking of doing lens replacements next year for the cataracts (or does global warming just make everything foggy?). I'll get the doc to give me some better peepers so I can maybe eliminate one or two of the lens in my glasses.