09 3670 Bedroom satillite connection.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I'm trying to connect the second sat feed off my Dish to the bedroom tv. I have the cable from the DishLNB to the bedroom Sat. connection. I connected the coax from the receiver to the second connector at the antenna amp. This isn't working. I must not be on the right connection, What am I doing wrong? Or where is the bedroom sat connection located?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 09 3670 Bedroom sattallite connection.

Steve, in my last Bighorn and my new one I have had to do a little rewiring. Easy to do. Behind the basement wall there is a white coax that comes up from the belly and up into your bedroom. I cut that coax and installed a connector and a barrel connecter on the end that goes up to the BR. Then I ran a coax from there to the UDC BR sat.
Kinda hard to explain but once you get in there you will see what I mean.......I think.
I think that they put a splitter in that line somewhere, and splitters do not work and play well with satellite.

Peace
Dave

SLJKansas

SLJKansas

Dave, so what your saying is the connector in the UDC that is labeled Bedroom sat, isn't connected? I have the basemet wall out, but too dark to crawl in there now. Another question is where does that white coax come into the bedroom? I also have the underbelly upfront opened up looking for a leak, but found it must be back farther, so I can look later to see if I can find the coax. If nothing else, with the belly open, it will make it easy to run a coax from the UDC over and up to where the washer/dryer lines run up, if I can't find the white coax.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Well the connector in the UDC is connected to something, I just don't know what. You need to disconnect it and run a new coax from there to the white wire that runs up to the BR. That white wire is the one you need to cut and put a new end on it. That white wire goes to the connector marked satellite in you BR.
At least that is how both of mine were wired.

Peace
Dave

SLJKansas

SLJKansas

Ok. I haven't found a connection for the sat. in the bedroom unless it's the second connector on the antenna amp plate. Looks like a weekend project if it drys out. Thanks for your help.