No nearby Heartland Dealer - How about service on our new unit?

jerhall

We just ordered a new ElkRidge that we will be storing permanently near a campground we have a share in. We will not be towing it and don't have a tow vehicle (it will be placed for us on a campsite when we call.) All the Heartland dealers in the area have gone out of business. Have I got myself in a fix on future service?

There are two independent repair places nearby and I will call them, but just wanted the forums' perspective on the wisdom of getting into this situation. I can still cancel my order. A promise from the independent repair shop is of course no guarantee for the future.

Thanks for your thoughts.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on you new order. I believe that if you no longer have a dealer in your area Heartland will work with you on getting any service work done by an independent service facility. But you must contact them first for authorization.
I would contact Heartland by phone now and see what they have to say, to be sure. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi jerhall,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Heartland normally works with independent repair shops, but like Dave said, you must get authorization or have repair person get authorization before work is done. I have been told by other independent shops that Heartland is very easy to work with if correct procedures are followed.

Enjoy the forum and ask your questions.

Jim M

jerhall

Thanks Jim and Dave,

Found a couple repair places around Pismo Beach CA. The two independents said they would try to work with Heartland, but their experience with manufacturers was such that I should be prepared to pay up-front and then collect from the manufacturer on my own. Surprisingly I found a very respected dealer who just recently took on Heartland products. They said that in the peak season they are loaded with work, and always give priority to their buyers. I am going to undo my current order and try to work out a deal with them, as it is clearly in our best interest. I don't think I will have a problem. This dealer said Heartland was cooperative and friendly in the parts department, but that they had not worked with them yet on warrantee matters.

Jerry Hall