Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Thor Industries buys controlling interest in Heartland RVs, LLC

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Thor Industries buys controlling interest in Heartland RVs, LLC

I also have to wonder how this will affect the consumer in the end. Thor's dominance continues to grow, which has to eventually mean higher prices for the consumer (less competition). Maybe Thor figured, if you can't beat them, BUY THEM!
    Jeff, Laurie + 2
    2012 Chevy Silverado DRW Classy Conversion
    Air Horns!
    Hensley TS3 Air Hitch
    2011 Big Horn 3670RL
    Member #1695

2. Print this Post   #12

Quote Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
    Just ducky, now we're associated with Keystone, the big reason we bought a Heartland!! Let the bean counting begin.
    BINGO! It will be driven by the ben counters now. I can just hear the sucking sound as the quality, customer service, etc "change".
    2008 Dodge 3500 MegaCab
    Laramie 4x4 6.7L CTD 6A 3.73
    2011 Bighorn 3410RE
    HOC #1659

"I have travelled around the globe. I have seen the Canadian and American Rockies, the Andes, the Alps and the Highlands of Scotland, but for simple beauty, Cape Breton outrivals them all!" . . . . . . . Alexander Graham Bell

3. Print this Post   #13
    Founders of SoCal Chapter Bob&Patty's Avatar

This not good news as far as I am concerned. I never liked Thor products...........so what should I buy now?? IMHO, Heartland just shot themselves in the foot.
    Last edited by Bob&Patty; 09-17-2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Bob (Old cranky), Great wife Patty, 5 great kids, 11 grandkids

Callie the wonder dog (we are still wondering) and 1 crazy cat "Baby" (RIP at 18 years old). Callie misses her Kitty.

2013 GMC 3500 HD DRW C/C L/B with all the goodies (the grey ghost). AirLift 5000 with auto leveling. 34 gal custom auxillary in bed tank. Spray in bed liner and rubber mat. 16K Husky hitch.

07 2955RL BIG HORN #5103

58 Belair 2dr hardtop, low and slow custom.

HEARTLAND CLUB MEMBER # 1056

4. Print this Post   #14

What will that do to you Jim B or for you hope you get to keep your job Fred

5. Print this Post   #15
    Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired codycarver's Avatar

It's the American way. As mentioned "If you can't beat em buy em". Having spent the last couple of year looking, learning, and comparing I can't understand how Keystone could sell a coach with Heartland representation in the area. Could this be the classified of the future: Wanted pre Thor heartland will pay extra
    "In nomine Domini gratis semper"

LIKE and use out our Rocky Mountain Heartland Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocky...89755611155362

Dave & Amy Tardiff and "Tucker" the yellow lab
    Cody, Wyoming
    2011 Bighorn 3670RL Saddle with Cherry interior
    2011 Ford F-450 W/Ford Custom Accessories Reese 25K 5th wheel hitch

6. Print this Post   #16
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2010augusta View Post
    I think it is kinda scary too, but Thor has allowed Komfort, Dutchman, and Crossroads to maintain their brand identities. I don't think Heartland will be wrapped up with the Keystone line. we'll just have to see how this all works out and cross our fingers that it really is "good news".
    Unfortunately, maintaining brand identity may only be a matter of letting them keep their decals. What goes under the skin may be dictated by economy of scale, which could very well mean cheaper quality and corner cutting. Current HL management is putting on a happy face about it, but when big fish eat smaller fish, the smaller fish don't smile for long. Doesn't take long for changes in leadership to be dictated by the guys holding the strings to the purse. Also makes it easier to shut down or sell off (in parts even) the brand that doesn't meet management projections for profit.

But, there is a potential bright side to this (if you believe in benevolent management). Could be that Thor dictates that any dealer handling a Thor line must also honor any Heartland warranty work without question...or else.
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with feline fuzzbutts Ally, Merlin & Mickey)
    Max the Cat - RIP
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL

H.O.C. #1225

7. Print this Post   #17

Here is our best hope, Thor has money and got there by making wise investments. Let's hope they stick to purchasing wisely and not putting their fingers into a well organized and working machine. If the intent to own and profit and let heartland to function on their own then we should be ok.

I would like to think that the owners did this with good intentions in their hearts for all involved and not just their wallet, although not many of us would have probably turned down the same deal .................................**** I wish I was rich LOL!

I'm going to stay on the upside of this aquisition!

On edit, had to correct iphones stupid autospeller
    '07 Bighorn 2925RK, 07 Dodge Ram Big Horn 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 6 spd auto, 540 watts solar, Tankless water heater, Centerpoint suspension,Trailair pin box http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems_hw50c.htm
    Heartland Owner 1097

8. Print this Post   #18

I love my Bighorn and Heartland RV. But I am not a fan or Thor or their products. So I will keep watch on how this plays out and they let Heartland run their business as themselves with little interfearance from Thor Corporate.
    2005 F350 PSD
    2007 Big Horn 3670RL
    2006 Hitch-Buddy

9. Print this Post   #19
    Senior Member - Past Moderator Ray LeTourneau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pulltab View Post
    Here is our best hope, Thor has money and got there by making wise investments. Let's hope they stick to purchasing wisely and not putting their fingers into a well organized and working machine. If the intent to own and profit and let heartland to function on their own then we should be ok.

I would like to think that the owners did this with good intentions in their hearts for all involved and not just their wallet, although not many of us would have probably turned down the same deal .................................**** I wish I was rich LOL!

I'm going to stay on the upside of this aquisition!
    I agree with Pulltab. I read, in full, both articles available and this sure does look positive for Heartland. It COULD mean increased manufacturing capabilities and more capitol. As long as they continue to have the existing level of Customer Service, we can't go wrong. I think for Thor, it's about profit. Heartland has proven itself over the last 5 to 6 years. Catterton made money and now Thor will be making more.
    Ray & Lin
    R.I.P. Suzi
    R.I.P Bart

10. Print this Post   #20

There is no such thing as "benevolent management". Remember the movie where they kept saying, "show me the money"? It has been my observation that money/greed will always overcome good sense. Those of us with original Heartland product would be wise to take very good care of it, because we will never be able to replicate it. It may be the American way of life, but how can it be good for one company to own everything? The primary reason we were drawn to Heartland was the fact that their company was small enough to care about their product as well as the customer. I do hope someone at Thor is reading this. J
    Dean & Jodi
    FullTimers

2007 GMC 2500 HD, Crew Cab SB, Duramax, Allison SOLD
    2008 Bighorn 3055RL SOLD

2018 Chevy Silverado LTZ, Crew Cab, Long Box 3500, Duramax, Allison
    2019 Bighorn 3270RS

2010 National Rally, Nashville, Tenn
    2012 National Rally, Goshen, In
    2016 National Rally, Goshen, In
    2018 National Rally, Goshen, In

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast