EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/14/2011 to 9/18/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Re: Hershey RV show September 14-18, 2011

But Deb you will be there for the mini-rally at our site on Saturday evening.... so don't despair! I'm just thrilled you guys are coming!!!

dieselsweetheart

OK all...we are now an "event" listed on the Portal page! There's an alien show on NBC called "The Event"... anyway...there will be some slight changes made to volunteering but most will stay the same. First off, this is a FUN event!! 3 things you will notice that have been changed since last year: #1: There will be no polo shirts this year. However, can I say that if you have the shirts from last year and they fit you, feel free to wear them again even though the date is a year older. We all wear t-shirts that are from years past, right? In fact I think I can dig up a favorite shirt of mine from the 80s! But still, wear your Heartland shirts...this year we will accumulate additional shirts as we attend rallies...NJ will have a new shirt, Goshen will give us a new shirt, etc. Wear your Heartland badges and lanyards (if you have a lanyard).

We will have more snacks at the table. So, although no food voucher (#2 change), parking is still free and admission will be free for us.

#3 change is the hours of committment. While I will be scheduling 4 hours as one block of time for volunteers, we are not requiring that you work 2 blocks of time this year. So if 4 hours is all you can work, we're happy to have you. Actually, last year we had so much fun many volunteers were there beyond their scheduled time.

So thank you to those already planning to volunteer at this amazing show... and to the rest of you....think it over... and give me a holler. If you plan to go to the show anyway, why not volunteer and get that free admission as a bonus?

Enjoy this fabulous weekend. Spring is just hours away!!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Surprise, Surprise! We'll be arriving on Monday & departing Sunday! Count us in for the dinner on Tuesday. We changed our reservations this afternoon! Gregg and Beth we'll be traveling up from the MD Rally with you if you don't mind company! Cheryl you can schedule us in for four days (Wed., Thur., Fri., Sat.) from 9:00 to 1:00.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Cheryl...count me and Ken in again this year! We can each work at least one shift, possibly more...just not Saturday...too busy at our booth!

truknutt

Committed Member

Nona & I will work Saturday morning in Ken & Kathy's place! See how well that worked out?!

dieselsweetheart

OMG OMG this is getting so exciting!!!! Deb and John are staying longer!! That you guys are coming at all is thrilling!!! We are going to have such a great time...Dave and Nona...gotcha down for your usual Saturday shift!! And you'll be coming to the mini-rally at our place afterwards!!

dieselsweetheart

I am putting the volunteer schedule together....let me know what you would like to do.... I have shifts as 9-1, 12-4, 3-7 all days. I know some people are not morning people. I am not sure what my schedule will be like come fall...so on some days I may not be available till after 4p. If you don't care where I schedule you I will fill you in around the people who do request something special.

Tuesday evening will be our kick-off dinner at Duke's in Hershey... 6pm. So circle that date on your calendar. Mini-rally at our Big Horn on Saturday evening.

Rumor has it the Walker's are coming? Ann and Mike? Is that true? I haven't see a post other than Deb B about that here....

bill40

Looking forward to Duke's again, put us in for what you need, it's just a short drive. Another good time.

dieselsweetheart

Bill I can put you in for Saturday....is that ok? That way you can be up there for the mini-rally.... did you want more time than Saturday?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Cheryl, put us in where you need (except Sat.)...just let us know.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

I am putting the volunteer schedule together....let me know what you would like to do.... I have shifts as 9-1, 12-4, 3-7 all days. I know some people are not morning people. I am not sure what my schedule will be like come fall...so on some days I may not be available till after 4p. If you don't care where I schedule you I will fill you in around the people who do request something special.

Tuesday evening will be our kick-off dinner at Duke's in Hershey... 6pm. So circle that date on your calendar. Mini-rally at our Big Horn on Saturday evening.

Rumor has it the Walker's are coming? Ann and Mike? Is that true? I haven't see a post other than Deb B about that here....

Yes we will be there put us down for 9-1 shift. Thur-Sat for now.

dieselsweetheart

The volunteer list is coming together very nicely.... don't forget! If you plan to be in the area for the show you need to make your CG reservations NOW!!! (and maybe NOW is even a bit late).... this is the biggest show on the east coast...you will NOT be disappointed!!

dalspot

Feel free to put us down for more than one shift - hours don't matter.

We are arriving the 15th. Probably around whatever time check-in is at Conewago. (2 pm) (Can't find it on their website??)

Leaving the 18th.

Karen

Last edited:

porthole

Retired

We have reservations for 09/13 through the 16th (arrive Tuesday, checkout Friday)
So anytime time frame for Wednesday or Thursday. Friday will be good too, but I have to move the trailer to an "overflow" lot, either at the campground or at the park.

Can you come to the RV show with a RV hooked up and park?

dieselsweetheart

Duane, where are you camping? Ok, so you are going to make the kick-off dinner and miss the rally at our camper on Saturday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.