EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/14/2011 to 9/18/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: Hershey RV show September 14-18, 2011

Cheryl , Beth & I plan to attend as while !!

jbeletti

Cheryl,

Nancy and I would like to join the group for this dinner.

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Hey Cheryl...you know Ken and I aren't gonna miss dinner...LOL! See you then...

DougAndJudy

Hi Cheryl -

Sent you a PM. We'll be available 14th and 15th. Also Tuesday night, if you can fit us in for dinner. We'll help at the table, even if you have all the slots filled.

dieselsweetheart

Time is moving along and the Hershey show will be here before we know it!

For the time volunteered at the table, please wear a Heartland shirt or rally shirt of your choice and your club badges. I received the Volunteer badge hangers from Too Crazy Ladies so you will get one of those to add to your club badge.

I will be making reservations at Duke's this week....there are 23 of us so far....if I recognized your confirmation you are on my list. Any late-comers please let me know ASAP...and yes, we will have room for you at the table!!!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

We'll be leaving Elkhart on Friday and should make it into Hershey on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

dieselsweetheart

Safe travels Jay! We might stop by to see you on Sunday to say hello! You're going to be at Conewago CG right?

FYI... the festivities at Duke's on Tuesday will be a pay-your-own as it was last year....just in case you are new and wondering...again, I recommend the crab pretzel and I heard the ribs are great...but there are enough of us returners so we will be able to tell you what is good on the menu!

Kathy and Ken...can we use your EZ up again??

DougAndJudy

We just drove by the Giant Center. We happened to see a BoaTLOAD of Heartland models arriving and staging in the park. At least 10-15 ...! Should be a great showing!

kakampers

No problem Cheryl...we'll bring it in with us Wednesday morning, or give it to Jim B. at the park we're staying at....

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Cheryl, we'll be busy most of the day on Sunday with another rally, but after that we'll be around. If we can help with anything else let me know.

dieselsweetheart

Good thing the show is next week and not this week....Hershey is FLOODED!!! BAD!!! There are restaurants on Hersheypark Drive (Pizza Hut and Wendy's) that are submerged up to their roofs. The Swatara creek spilled over a lot quicker than they anticipated. It's been nonstop rain here all day...

Yes they bring in the rigs the week before and hope all make it ok...what a mess right now!!!

kakampers

Saw the pics of the submerged Pizza Hut...they said Hummelstown, is it that close to Hershey???

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired

SO the Question for Hershey Locals is: What does the High Meadow Camp Ground look like? Is it "high" enough or are the pull through sites under water? For the Wendy's and Pizza Hut to be under 10-12 feet of water I would think that the Camp ground is also affected since it is along the same water way although a bit higher ground than the shopping center.

jbeletti

I spoke to our "man on the ground" there in Hershey. He's there to setup our show displays and provide support for us during the show. He said our rigs are there in the lot and are not underwater at this point. So, hoping the rains stop after the weekend so the water can recede and the show can go on!

If I get more detail later from Mike, I'll post it here.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.