• Giant Center
  • 550 E Hersheypark Drive
  • Hershey, PA 17033
  • Show website
Details:
----------------------------------------
Club Volunteer Coordinator:
----------------------------------------
Cheryl Horst: diesel'sweetheart (click to contact)

Heartland Owners Club Presence:
-----------------------------------------------
  • The Heartland Owners Club will have a presence at the Hershey Show, each day, Wednesday through Saturday (no club table will be setup on Sunday)
  • We will have a club table. The table will be somewhere within our primary display. The table will be staffed by Club Member volunteers
Heartland Owners Member Volunteer Opportunity:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. Are you a Heartland Owners Club member?
  2. Are you coming to the Hershey show?
  3. Can you speak to others about the Heartland Owners Club and about Heartland RV products?
If you can answer yes to all 3 questions above, you may have what it takes to help us staff the Heartland Owners Club table during this show.

We are looking for couples to work one or two "4 hours blocks" over the course of the first 4 days (Wed-Sat). If you can work more than one block, they can be on the same day in most cases. They do not have to be back to back blocks within the same day. The blocks can be on different days. It's all a function of what works for you and what blocks are available based on who's got their request in before you.

Cheryl Horst, our PA Chapter Co-Leader (with her husband Jim) will be coordinating the volunteers who are staffing the table. Please click the above, next to Cheryl's name to contact her with your interest. She will need:
  • Your names (first and last for both of you)
  • Your cellular number
  • Your email address
  • Your preferred day(s) to work the table and your preferred day part(s) (morning, afternoon or evening)
Cheryl will put the schedule together. Cheryl, Jim Beletti and those with us who've volunteered here in the past will all work with you to show you the ropes.

For those "volunteer couples" accepted, Heartland RVs will be given the following tokens of appreciation* for your efforts:
  • Admission for to the show for the week for each volunteer accepted (these will be Greeter Passes)
  • Hershey Show 2011 Volunteer Hanger Bar for your Club Badge
  • Water / Snacks at our club table
* subject to change

VOLUNTEER UPDATE

Wednesday:
  • 9-8: Jim Beletti
  • 9-1 Coffman, Bylinski
  • 12-4 Adams, Barret
  • 3-7 Horst, Clause
Thursday:
  • 9-1: Coffman, Bylinski, Walker
  • 12-4: Marigliano, Clause
  • 3-7: *Horst, Betton (*note, Horst can only be there beginning at 4p)
Friday:
  • 9-1: Adams, Walker, Bylinski
  • 12-4: Darling, Barrett
  • 3-7: Horst, Marigliano
Saturday:
  • 9-1: Gruner, Dean, Bylinski
  • 12-4: Darling (2 pm), Horst
  • 3-7: Stewart, Darling
Hello everyone! We had a great time meeting new Heartland owners (and current owners) at the Hershey RV show in September. We had 19 owners volunteer for shifts at the table and except for some inclement weather on Thursday...had marvelous weather and interesting conversations with potential buyers; answering questions they had about the units and Heartland in general. We had so much fun that everyone wants to do it again in 2011. The dates are as noted in the subject line, and if you'd like to join us, check your calendar...and book yourself a site at either of these campgrounds...but do it VERY SOON!!! Especially for Hershey Highmeadows (where you can catch the shuttle bus to the show) which fills up very quickly. Another place to check is the Hershey/Conewago Campground..which is about 6 miles or so from the show.

If you are having thoughts about participating next year, drop me a PM.

Here are the CG numbers to call and book your site:

Hershey Highmeadows:

(717) 534-8999

Hershey/Conewago:
(717) 367-1179

Hershey RV Show - Outdoor Vendor Layout (Heartland is on 509 and 542)
View attachment 2011 Hershey Show Outdoor Vendor Layout - 509 and 542.pdf

Heartland "planned" Unit Display in location 509

Attachments

• Heartland Hershey 2011 Display - 509.jpg
    Heartland Hershey 2011 Display - 509.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Re: Hershey RV show September 14-18, 2011

Hey Cheryl,

Called Hershey Conewago yesterday and left a message to make a reservation for September. I'll let you know how we make out today! Had to make sure we could do it before we made plans.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Hey Cheryl...you KNOW we'll be there, and would really like to participate again, as much as we can.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired

We will be there agian this year !!! We will be attending the 1st annual Maryland Chapter Heartland Rally the weekend before !! Maybe will have ourself a convoy form there !! Looking forward to it, going to be Fun.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Thanks for the reminder Cheryl.

I just called High Meadow to try to get 7 nights there. Sadly, they could only do 3 nights for a 41' 5th wheel. I've got a call into Conewago now.

Looking forward to seeing the gang again!

Jim

dieselsweetheart

It was really a lot of fun!!! I am hoping for warm sunny weather again this year....Deb so happy to see you are going to be able to make it this year!! Conewago has more room for your 41 footer Jim! Highmeadow is too tight for that large of a rig.... Of course there will be the traditional mini-rally at our place again on Saturday evening. Hope to see more folks coming out for the show!!! Let me know if y'all have any questions!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Just got a call from Dave at Hershey Conewago - We're in right next to the Walkers! Yahoo!

jbeletti

Well, my bad. Turns out I dialed the number wrong and left a message for a sweet old woman. I spoke to her tonight. She said she would have called me back but she doesn't have long distance service :)

I did leave a message for Dave tonight. So I am hopeful of getting into Conewago.

Jim

dieselsweetheart

YAY!!! I just love when an event comes together!! Jim B...did you have the correct area code when you called? Aw...that's a cute story. So, new blood for the RV show...Walkers and Bylinski's... this is gonna be great!!! And Jerry and Bill40....wow....I'm smilin' !!

bill40

We will have to come up with a name like " THE GREAT SHOW RALLY" or something.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Great Story doesn't even begin to explain it! I almost pee'd my pants! That's funny right there....

jbeletti

I'm in! Got a call from Lori. I am there for 7 nights, arriving Monday the 12th and leaving Monday the 19th. Best efforts will be made to site me with the Heartland group.

Woohoo!

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

OK!! You guys were scaring me...been staying at Hershey Conewago for years, after seeing this thread, I thought 'd call now to make sure I got my site!! Just talked to Lori too, we'll be on our usual site. Sounds like we'll have a real good Heartland representation...ought to be fun!!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

We're down! We will arrive on the 12th and leave on the 19th. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

dieselsweetheart

I also wanted to mention another campground that is about 12 miles away from the RV show... it's the PINE GROVE KOA. It's off exit 90 on 81 North (or south) depending on which way you are driving. The phone number for that KOA is

(800) 562-5471 or locally (717) 865-4602

Just another option if you like the KOAs.

dieselsweetheart

and just to let everyone know, there will be a kick-off dinner (like we had last year) on Tuesday night before the opening day of the show. More info to come!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

We will not be arriving until late on Thursday. We're going to miss dinner:(.

Status
Not open for further replies.