EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Townsend - 8/5/2011 to 8/7/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
TN rally 11-2.jpgWhat fun to be had by all (except for the heat). We have a couple of 1st time rally folks as well as a non-member with an Elk Ridge joining us. Everyone had a great time at the "meet and greet" get-together. Porthole - unfortunately, it got real hot as the breeze died down but we survived. Tomorrow is a day in Cades Cove & pot-luck dinner.

TN rally 11-3.jpg TN rally 11-1.jpg

ncc1701e

A great time with some really terrific folks. As one of the first timers, the wife and I are having a great time and really want to thank our host (Byrd & Nathan) for all their work.

Big Meadow Family Campground.jpg Golfers-Nathan Mathis-Tom Combs-Dick Hill-Jim Dahlgren.jpg Heartland Trailers Row 1.JPG Lural Valley Club House.jpg
(L-R) Campground Entrance; Warriors after a round of golf; Heartlans as far as the eye can see; looking up #18 at the club house dreaming of #19 (lol).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Greeting from the Illinois Chapter Rally. I know you are having as much fun as we are. Just a few of us out for a pizza. Eating is fun.....right?
Peace Davepizza.jpg

Nabo

Thanks Cookie - yes we are having fun but I must admit, that's a great group you have.

IMG_0411.jpg Don't they look great. Heading out to Cades Cove.

SmokeyBare

Cade's Cove tour was Great !
We've been in the Smokey Mountains before but not to this area.
Wonderful Tour Guide/Bus driver on Bus 19... he was chock full of local history and stories of the area with a few few personal stories of his own.
Getting ready for the PotLuck this evening... My where's my potLuck Plate....
Plans are also being worked up for a After Rally mini Rally of hold-overs...
Those who are staying Sunday... not leaving till Monday.
Jim B has his Orion Cooker sitting out... and I get lessons from a well seasoned Chef on the Orion Cooker....
Fun Filled Rally !!!

jbeletti

Have to agree with Marv - great tour of Cades Cove if you've never been there. We were here 7 years ago with our Trailmanor RV! Seems like forever ago.

Had a great potluck tonight. RVs For Less sponsored the meat (BBQ beef), the campground provided potato salad and pies. Attendees provided the rest of the goodness. Great meal, fantastic door prizes.

And it really cooled off nicely after dinner. Sat out a while and chatted with folks tonight.

Jim

Nabo

Group.jpg Tennessee/Kentucky's first rally is sadly coming to an end. This rally was a huge success with several 1st timers and a none-member who joined joined HOC. Nathan & I have had a great time getting this all together and looking forward to our future rally in 2012.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
What a great Rally. Linda and I had wonderful time especially getting to know so many new people. The fellowship and food were great. We had a tour through Cades Cove , saw deer, and turkeys. (no none were on the 2 buses) Looking forward to the next one. Also hope to get to Kerrville and the get togethers in Texas. Congrats go to Byrd and Nathan for the hard work.

jpajax

After losing my wonderful mother in law the good lord replace the void in my life with Olivia Grace Beck my new granddaughter. Hope you all are haveing a wonderful time, catch up with you all a later down the road. :D:D:D:D:D:D 0806112044.jpg

Jim & Harriet

hi all, had a safe ride home - always good!
thanks to everyone for another fun rally - especially Byrd and Nathan!
see y'all again soon,
Jim, Harriet & Max

Nabo

Jim & Pat - what a blessed event! Congratulations! We missed ya'll but love to see a future camper.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Nathan & Byrd, thanks for all you did to make our first TN chapter rally a great success. Linda and I really enjoyed meeting new friends and look forward to seeing all again. We just travel through 3 states to get to Tybee Island GA. What a long drive! We got here around 6:30 pm and I might just have to make up some Beergaritas like Reg and Nancy made us last night. Nathan, the mopar glass cleaner actually worked on my Ford mirrors.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hey Jim , The young girl is my granddaughter. She really took to Patti and Bill so she had a good time and was alot of help too. Glad you all had fun too.Kathy

jbeletti

Thanks Kat. Sounds like you guys held another fabulous IL rally. If I could only be in 4 places at once! Nancy said you and Byrd should coordinate so we can make both rallies :)

Nathan and Byrd - wow! What a nice rally. Thank you so much for all your planning to ensure attendees had a really nice time. I know we did!

Hope to make the 2012 rally too, if it gets set yet this summer.

Hope to see you at another rally orn2 this year, even if we have to pick you up!

Jim

Nabo

Thanks to everyone for being so supportive and kind. Nathan & I had a blast hosting the rally and look forward to having another soon. His attention is now getting ready to head to Russia for the month of October (work related) so keep him in your thoughts/prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.