EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidg

Re: EVENT: Heartland International Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Jim we are unable to make it to the rally in Goshen could you please cancel us. David @ Susan

Cimriver

Jim, could you update this thread on the type of sites that are still available. Any FHUs?

Re: Lippert Promo for Rally Attendees

What is the process with the Service Request? I filled out the email and sent it on it's merry way. Now what happens - do we get an email back saying our service will be done?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Yes, you will get an email from Chuck Batcke.

Peace
Dave

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

What is the process with the Service Request? I filled out the email and sent it on it's merry way. Now what happens - do we get an email back saying our service will be done?

In the past we would eventually get confirmation that your request was received and reviewed. Whether or not both issues will get taken care of during the Rally will be dependant on the amount of service personal available and how many days they will be available. With 200+ rigs showing up and possibly 2 items per rig, that adds up to a lot of work. I will say that in the past everyone I have ever talked with got all their issues taken care of and were very pleased. Rest assured that you will not be disappointed. Sean and Jim from customer and dealer services will be there to help in whatever way they can. They have a great crew.

Hope this helps,
Mark

kkamshop

We still have not submitted our service request - can't really find anything to fix - HOORAY!! I'm thinking about requesting a few tubes of caulk so I can redo the exterior seams at my leisure, wonder if they would go for that?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I sent one in, more for a replacement part than a repair. The sliding screen on my rear window has a warped frame and bugs can crawl over the top if the window is open. I'll even go over to the factory and pick it up and pay for it if it's available. Should be a standard part. Other than that, we're good.

kkamshop

John, we found the corner pieces for the screen online so we fixed our own screen - just for your future reference. Hehr parts

We do have a couple of bigger items - hate the steps and will replace them at some time, maybe we'll find some in Elkhart/Goshen and we still have to redo the underbelly issue, but we are doing that ourselves so we can do it the way we want it :)

But we really do have all the minor bugs worked out and just LOVE our LM!!

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader

Yes, you will get an email from Chuck Batcke.

Peace
Dave

I would like to correct Dave's statement. This is the practice that I have used for the past three rallies and continue with this one...

When I see a request come through, I look to see if there are multiple requests shown as one (e.g. - adjust all slides). If I have any doubts as to whether or not it can be done at the rally, I forward it to the factory. Only if there is problem, I contact the requestor. So, if you do not get a response from me, figure that this will be scheduled to be done at the rally.

Once a week on late Tuesday night I forward a spreadsheet to the factory for its review.

If you have any doubt as to whether your request has been lost in cyberspace, try to reenter it again. If it was passed into the Heartland system, you will get a mesage that stops you from entering a request - that, and no response from me means that whatever you have requested will be on the schedule for the rally, and time permitting, it will be done. Please remember that there are 240 units (double from the last Goshen rally) that will be there and the factory can only spend 30 minutes/unit in order to give everyone a chance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Oops, sorry Chuck, thanks for the clarification.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

John, we found the corner pieces for the screen online so we fixed our own screen - just for your future reference. Hehr parts

We do have a couple of bigger items - hate the steps and will replace them at some time, maybe we'll find some in Elkhart/Goshen and we still have to redo the underbelly issue, but we are doing that ourselves so we can do it the way we want it :)

But we really do have all the minor bugs worked out and just LOVE our LM!!

Thanks! I went to their site, but got a little confused trying to figure out which window I had. And I couldn't find where to order just a screen, anyways. If HL doesn't have it, I might try rescreening the one I have to see if the plastic frame will relax a bit. Gotten pretty good with that around the house.

Not a biggie.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Can anyone tell me where to find the Lippert Promo price sheet??? Been looking all morning...:confused:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

THANK YOU!! I even looked on the registration page...still couldn't find...not enough coffee yet, I guess...

jbeletti

Can anyone tell me where to find the Lippert Promo price sheet??? Been looking all morning...:confused:

Hi Sis'

I did not post it anywhere - I only emailed to rally attendees. Several rally attendees have posted it in random forum posts though. And I see the truknutt has helped you out :)

truknutt

Committed Member

Hi Sis'

I did not post it anywhere - I only emailed to rally attendees. Several rally attendees have posted it in random forum posts though. And I see the truknutt has helped you out :)

Only 'cause I know they're convoying with the rest of us!!!

dieselsweetheart

37 days and counting down...woohoo!! I can't wait....Now that I know more people this year....I am going to enjoy it even more than I did in '09...can't wait to see everybody! The ladies crafts are looking good...can't wait to learn some scrapbooking..... the "Babies Wrapped in Love" drive is going well from what I see on my thread....my crochet hook is going at lightning speed trying to get a couple more blankets out before the rally...

jpdoggett

Hi
Sounds like you have a great time planned, I and my wife Pat are going to be up in that area at the time of your rally but we will not have our Landmark Augusta with us it is in Texas, What is the cost if we just want to stop by

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

We left our home spot in the Anza-Borrego desert on 5-1-11, to take the scenic route to Goshen.
Right now we are in the Ft Worth, Texas area.
Does anyone know of a good RV wash/and or Heartland dealer between here and Goshen? I have a REJEX type finish on my rig and I'm afraid a truck wash uses a more harsh detergent than they recommend.
I need to find a good service location for some minor stuff. Preferably well before the rally. My west coast dealer is nice enough, but they never seem to quite get something finished. Waiting for approval,parts, etc.,etc.,.... I have a new vacuum back in California, that it took the dealer a month to get. I won't be back in California for at least 2 months.
I read where Heartland overnights parts to customers. My dealer won't send me the part, because he wants the old one back first. I promised I would send it, but no-go. I guess I'm rambling. Got off topic, sorry.
We will be going north to Oklahoma next.
Thanks a bunch. Trace

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

We're on our way too but it's been an ordeal so far. First day out, got an error message that the trailer wire was disconnected but found that its a bad bed plug. When plugged into the factory plug, it works. Then found the #1 gray tank won't drain and the kitchen sink drain is full. Found a hop that will work on it later in the week. Today we moved to a different park and find the truck bed full lof diesel fuel. A weld on my 100 gallon bed tank has split, so I have to keep the tank level down. Get all set up in this park and the electricity doesn't work. Moved to a different site and all is well-for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.