EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland International Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

We're on our way too but it's been an ordeal so far. First day out, got an error message that the trailer wire was disconnected but found that its a bad bed plug. When plugged into the factory plug, it works. Then found the #1 gray tank won't drain and the kitchen sink drain is full. Found a hop that will work on it later in the week. Today we moved to a different park and find the truck bed full lof diesel fuel. A weld on my 100 gallon bed tank has split, so I have to keep the tank level down. Get all set up in this park and the electricity doesn't work. Moved to a different site and all is well-for now.

OMG. Sorry to here about all your trouble. Sometimes when it rains, it pours.There is one thing to remember. It has to get better. Keep the faith. Good luck. Trace

GETnBYE

Can anyone share any good internet sites they might be reading about the area attractions....."Not the regular tourist attractions".
What I am asking is will anyone share the secret "don't miss" things that are not so easy to find.
Thanks

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Can anyone share any good internet sites they might be reading about the area attractions....."Not the regular tourist attractions".
What I am asking is will anyone share the secret "don't miss" things that are not so easy to find.
Thanks

Try this link

Paul & Nan

Jim-don't know if it matters, but we will be arriving on Sunday the 12th. Nan

jbeletti

Paul and Nan,

For me, it does not matter that you are coming in on Sunday, other than "I like it" :) You can update your rally registration here if you want. You will need to reserve all early nights (Sun-Tue) with the Fairgrounds - but you've probably already done that.

See you soon.

Jim

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Does anyone know if there is wifi at the fairgrounds or nearby? Unfortunately, my work is going to follow me on vacation.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

There is wifi at many of the sites but not all. I'm not sure which ones do not have it.

jbeletti

Re: Rally Service - game on!

Yes, I am using it right now on site 468 :)

We will be spread out across the property so I can't say that it's available from 100% of the sites, but most certainly the majority of them. Our rally hall has good wifi signal too. So if anyone has trouble at their site and needs to connect to the world outside the rally, bring your laptop to the rally hall and type away :)

Jim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Rally Service - game on!

Yea - glad to see that campsites are being assigned. Thanks

jbeletti

Sites continued to be assigned. See the Rally Directory here for your site number.

Note:

1. All sites should be assigned not later than 24-May as a goal
2. Site assignments are subject to change
3. I will not be able to monitor this thread for a couple of weeks as I will be out of the country.

Jim

jayc

We were sitting around at our site at the #1 RV Park in Tyler TX when another Bighorn pulled in. Trace and Terry (TandT on the forum) pulled in beside us. They just happened to choose this park to stay in for a few days. We have made plans to travel together to Elkhart, leaving Thursday. We plan to stay at the Elkhart Campground when we arrive.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We did it last year going into Nashville - two separate four rig groups. Very difficult to keep more than that together on the Interstates.

jayc

We did about ten rigs heading from Texas to Pigeon Forge TN a few years ago. We ended up being stretched along about 20 miles of freeway. At one point, I was the last one in line and the guy ahead of me had a blowout, so I was able to stop and help him get it changed. I don't know what would have happened if it had happened to us.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does anyone have a campground map for Goshen? (New version, I guess). The link on the fairgrounds website doesn't work. Thanks

jbeletti

Does anyone have a campground map for Goshen? (New version, I guess). The link on the fairgrounds website doesn't work. Thanks

Hi Trace,

I have some pretty decent images on my laptop that I will upload when I can.

For everyone, ALL rally sites have been assigned. See a link in this thread, a Few messages back.

At that link is a directory. In that directory are all the rally attendees and the site assignments. Because there are many camping sections on property, I have coded each section with a couple of letters in front of the site number. At the bottom of the directory is a legend that is they key to knowing what section you are in.

As time and Internet connectivity allows, I will be putting out a long email to all attendees. This email include links to the directory and other relevant information.

I am about to leave on a very long flight, so I will NOT be able to answer rally questions in this thread in real time. Sorry.

See you in Goshen!

Jim

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Here Ya Go! This is as close as I can get but I understand there may be some changes in the South Section.

Attachments

• Goshen Map.pdf
    551.8 KB · Views: 109

Vtxkid

I requested a updated copy of the SO section site map faxed to me today and it says 50/30 Amp service now... I did not ask her over the phone what amperage was available though...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I stayed at the Elkhart 4-H Farigrounds last week. Deb told me that all the So. sites have been upgraded to 50 amp.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.