EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: Heartland International Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Sitting on the runway, so I have time to answer this one. YES, the South Campground is now 50 amp. Saw it for myself and took pics :). Nice surprise for those who are in them.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep, we were just there with the FMCA rally...the south sites have definitely been upgraded. The ground around the sites is still a little soft, but by the rally, I think everything will be fine....

Vtxkid

We will be first timers to the Goshen Rally and really looking forward to it .. I am told that the Service hook-ups are behind the RV's. I know that the length of the OEM 50 amp electrical cord will not reach these service hook-up stations. At least on the Cyclones. It appears that we will have 50 Amp service in the SO section but I didn't necessarly want to buy a full length 50 amp extention cord just for one trip and would hate to reduce down to a 30 amp extention... Can anybody tell me what they have done in past rally's there... Thanks in advance.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We have been there twice and had no problem with the electric.We have a bighorn and the plug is on the side in the back. We did have to buy more sewer hose!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Like Kathy said, electric should be no problem, but you may need more sewer hose.
We were there again last week and I only pulled about 10 feet of my power cord out.
So if the power is located in the rear of your Cylcone you should be ok.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks everybody.

Trace, here's another map. Took a bit to find it, but it's easier to see.

Glad to know that the South Campground will have 50A, so I won't have to use an adapter. I've got 35 feet of Rhinoflex hose and 50 feet of water line, so hooking up should be no problem. One question: are the sites dirt, gravel, or concrete?

View attachment fairmap2011.pdf

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks John for the color pic of the fair grounds. Deb gave a great map of the campsites but this colored one really stands out for the fairgound locations.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Trace, here's another map. Took a bit to find it, but it's easier to see.

Glad to know that the South Campground will have 50A, so I won't have to use an adapter. I've got 35 feet of Rhinoflex hose and 50 feet of water line, so hooking up should be no problem. One question: are the sites dirt, gravel, or concrete?

View attachment 13249

The sites are grass...no gravel or concrete...

exdwarfer

According to the directory, we are at IF521. Are the infield (IF) sites full hook-up? And is IF521 50amp? I can't quite make it out on the black & white map posted in this thread.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Infield sites are full hookup, 30 amp.

Peace
Dave

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Belated thanks John.

exdwarfer

Thanks Dave!
Looking forward to our first rally ever! In our new Bighorn!
Spending a few days at Carlyle Lake in Illinois, then a couple days at Indiana Dunes State Park on Lake Michigan, and finally on to Goshen!
See Ya There!

jbeletti

How about some real numbers from those that are there - how far back are the connections from the road?

Duane - they are behind the RV. Not near the back on the side of the RV but literally, behind your ramp door in most cases. That said, some are offset from center of lot, still, all the way to the back.

Guidance I'd give anyone needed to know how much power cord, sewer hose or water hose is: enough to reach the center of the back window, then 6 feet more. For me, I used a 35' water hose and it reached fine. My UDC is right behind the storage compartment. Those who have power cord reels will not need an extension. Those whose power cord is stored inside the rear cap and those whose power receptacle is on the side but near the back - also, not a problem, no extension needed. Sewer, that's a toughy - bring it all! I'd say plan on 35 feet and hope for 30.

Jim

Jim

jbeletti

According to the directory, we are at IF521. Are the infield (IF) sites full hook-up? And is IF521 50amp? I can't quite make it out on the black & white map posted in this thread.

There are a couple of infield sites that are 50 amp capable but NOT when all infield sites are in use. All infield sites will be in use, so 30 amp outlets should be used by all who camp there. They are full-hookup as well. Never stayed in one, so this will be interesting. Should work out fine though as thousands have went before us in these sites over the years.

Jim

jbeletti

The sites are grass...no gravel or concrete...

Infield (IF), South (SO), Draft Horse Barn (DH), Water/Electric (WE) and Water/Electric Temp (WE Temp) are all grass pads.

Northwest (NW) are gravel pads with grass in between sites.

Maple Street (MS) are gravel pads with gravel (no grass at all) in between sites.

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Duane - they are behind the RV. Not near the back on the side of the RV but literally, behind your ramp door in most cases. That said, some are offset from center of lot, still, all the way to the back.

Guidance I'd give anyone needed to know how much power cord, sewer hose or water hose is: enough to reach the center of the back window, then 6 feet more. For me, I used a 35' water hose and it reached fine. My UDC is right behind the storage compartment. Those who have power cord reels will not need an extension. Those whose power cord is stored inside the rear cap and those whose power receptacle is on the side but near the back - also, not a problem, no extension needed. Sewer, that's a toughy - bring it all! I'd say plan on 35 feet and hope for 30.

Jim

Jim

I foresee a run on "stinky slinkys" in the near future...

jbeletti

Site maps have been posted to post 3 of this directory thread (link). Note that the South Campground map is the most recent (23-May) and take into account, the reconfiguration of that area. If you were in the South CG in 2009, your site location has likely been moved. Still the same number, just relocated when they renumbered.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.