EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
this is our first national rally and we are coming with a convoy of big rigs from ontario. we have heard how good this rally is and we are looking forward to it with our convoy friends and meeting new friends also!

jhyatt

Thank You Jim, Judy & I got signed-up yesterday and will be arriving (I think) on the 14th. Had a great time at the Mt Airy Rally. We look forward to the tour of the plant and meeting all the folks there. We look forward to a great, relaxing time.

jbeletti

Hey Heartland Ralliers!

Wow - what a ride the last couple days have been! I wanted to give sort of a general update to those who are wondering :)

REGISTRATION
Some are wondering why rally registration opened so early as it's typically opened around Jan 1. Others are saying "finally!". It is true, I am ahead of schedule this year, for once :) I figured it would be more positive than negative to open it now, since I am ready for it, than to wait needlessly, another couple weeks. Plus, I am going out of town on Dec 31 for several days and sort of wanted to get this rolling.

That all said, WHO KNEW we would sell this rally so fast? WOW! From Dec 17-19, I used several Club Members as testers, to test the registration application, to reveal it's shortcomings and flaws. We found many things, tweaked it and moved forward. On the evening of December 19, I opened up registration to all Club Members by emailing all Club Members using the email address they listed last on their Club Member profile.

STATISTICS
By 11 pm that first night (December 19), we had 100 sites sold. By 9:45 pm last night (December 20), we had 180 sites sold! Seriously, it's like watching U2 concert tickets sell on Ticketmaster or something. What it tells me is that more often than not, we are hitting the mark at these rallies.

DISCUSSION THREAD
Some of you may be wondering why there are so many CLOSED threads in the primary directory for this rally. The reason is two-fold. First, most of those threads were started by me as "interest threads" where I was trying to gauge interest in specific rally items. Some were polls that ran their course. So once I obtained the information I needed, I felt it best to close them up. Though I do love meatloaf :)

Second, I rather prefer the ongoing discussion about this rally to take place in this primary rally discussion thread, rather than in 10 or more threads. By keeping the discussion here, it makes it much easier for the casual reader read the discussion versus trying to find all the relevant threads all over the forum.

SITES
I have received a good many phone calls and emails about sites. When will they be assigned? Can I be sited next to so and so? Can my group of 8 be all together in the NW section? All valid questions - and I appreciate them all. As mentioned here, in the Site Information thread, some of the camping areas at the 4H Fairgrounds are being renovated (good news). Unfortunately, until that renovation is substantially complete, I won't know the configuration or site numbers that will exist there (bad news). As such, "at this time", I am only able to assign sites in the NW camping section and then, only to those who are returning from the 2009 rally and want their same site again - which 99.9% do. So we'll see site assignments in sites other than in the 400s, hopefully some time later in the first quarter of the year.

A final word on those traveling in as a group, who's requests to be sited as a group, I am tracking.... Please be aware that in order to site your group all together:

1. A group organizer must be elected
  2. The group organizer needs to contact me with the list of names ASAP
  3. The group organizer needs to have verified that each person on your list, really wants to be sited together, including where applicable, giving up their 2009 site
  4. Be flexible, knowing that I need to find an area at the 4H Fairgrounds where I can site groups. We'll be pretty big this year, so we'll be spread out anyway - but just know that I will make best efforts to find a spot for your group within the limits imposed upon me by the venue.
EARLY / LATE DAYS
Official rally days are Wednesday, June 15 through Sunday, June 19. So your rally fee covers 4 nights (Wed-Sat). Check in/out is noon. Some have asked me if I am making your reservations for your early or late days. Sorry - but no. Good news though, the 4H Fairgrounds is open all year and they are ready to take your call Monday through Friday at 574-533-3247. And call them you have! They have been flooded with calls from what I hear. Go you!

GOLF CARTS
WOW! I am blown away by how many rentals have been purchased. If anyone tried to order a golf cart but was not able to do so, please try to add it to your registration now, or drop me a note. I had to up the quantity available yesterday as my initial quantity had sold out and I had not realized it until I got a call from an attendee (thanks Don W). That we have sold so many, I will ask a few things of everyone...

1. For those who have not rented a golf cart, please respect the rental rights of those that have. The rented carts belong to the renters
For those who have rented carts...

1. Please be a good neighbor and offer rides when you can to those you may be passing by on your way to the rally hall. Same for on your way back from the rally hall. It's just the neighborly thing to do :)
  2. I will plan to have Marv number all the golf carts and keys. While all the keys are the same, please use only your golf cart
  3. Please be respectful of those who are walking and give the right of way to walkers, bikers and cars
  4. Please park in the area at the rally hall designated for attendee golf carts. A map will be included with your rental document and keys. Note that rally staff may have their own parking lot at the rally hall due to their more frequent trips to and from the hall. Please respect this space and hold open for your volunteer staff :)
For all:

1. I will have a large amount of additional golf carts that are dedicated to the rally service team. As stated above, if you have not rented a golf cart, please do not snag golf cart. And if you have rented a golf cart, please use only your own. In past years, we have allowed attendees to use the rally service carts in the evening. Trouble came when we had to chase some of these carts down each night or worse, in the morning. Please don't ask to use the service teams golf carts. Thank you for understanding :)

navyAZ1

WOW! I had not checked our e-mail for a few days and was very happy to see the e-mail that opened up registration to club members, and then was completely blown away when I clicked on the link and saw there were only 16 sites left on Tuesday the 21st. Luckily we got in and will be there on the 13th. Ann and I are really looking forward to the rally again this will be our 4th international rally. I am hoping Lippert offers some of the good deals like they did last year I would love to get the hydraulic landing gear installed if possible while we are in the area. This next year will be our first year since we started fulltiming in 2008 that we will have no set destinations other than the rally, we will be totally in the wind for the entire year just going where we choose. Looking forward to seeing old and new friends.

Merry Christmas to All,

Ron & Ann

back2nature

We just registered. We were going to wait till the Gillette, WY rally in 2012, but this morning we started see how fast the registrations were going for this rally (there were only 11 spots left) and we starting talking about it. We said, it's a long trip, but why not? Would love to tour the factory. So we are in. So far, planning to come on the 13th, but we might up it.

jbeletti

Great pic in your sig Ron and Ann! Will I see you in Tampa in January? See you in Goshen in June!

Laurie - that's great news. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

To all - I apologize for not having the time to respond to each of you - I am really looking forward to this rally and am pleased that so many are coming to it.

You would not believe the number of calls and emails I am getting. It's nuts - but it's all for good reason. We're getting through all of them and anyone who has contacted me with registration issues, we've got them all worked out and registered.

Only a few spaces left - who wuddathunkit?

Jim

navyAZ1

Great pic in your sig Ron and Ann! Will I see you in Tampa in January? See you in Goshen in June!

Laurie - that's great news. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

To all - I apologize for not having the time to respond to each of you - I am really looking forward to this rally and am pleased that so many are coming to it.

You would not believe the number of calls and emails I am getting. It's nuts - but it's all for good reason. We're getting through all of them and anyone who has contacted me with registration issues, we've got them all worked out and registered.

Jim

We won't be in Tampa this year we have just agreed to gate guard in SW Texas for Jan & Feb. We thought what the heck we planned to be down there anyway for those months so we might as well get paid for it and that will add to our traveling fund another $7,000.

jbeletti

We won't be in Tampa this year we have just agreed to gate guard in SW Texas for Jan & Feb. We thought what the heck we planned to be down there anyway for those months so we might as well get paid for it and that will add to our traveling fund another $7,000.

Good call Ron. I think I recall reading a post you made some time back about that job. GREAT gig. Sure will help paying the diesel to Goshen! See you June unless I see you in Texas in February.

Jim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Jim

Golly Jim. At this rate there won't be any sites left by the end of the year. A Rally in June and it's full before the year even begins....Sounds like we are in for a fun time!!

Keith

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: Heartland International Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Agreed Keith - this pace is blowing me away. We're gonna have a great time!

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Gosh, looks like there will be alot of disappointed folks when all the sites are gone. At this rate you will have to get another campground and run a bus or rent some generators to put RVs out in the field by the horse track.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Sold out! Wow!

Peace
Dave

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

I just looked at the Portal and all the sites are gone..... In about 52 hours!!!!!

Amazing!!!!

jbeletti

Gosh, looks like there will be alot of disappointed folks when all the sites are gone. At this rate you will have to get another campground and run a bus or rent some generators to put RVs out in the field by the horse track.
\

We're not planning to go over 200 sites as I am budget limited at that number. Attendees pay $175, Heartland pays the rest (a lot more :))

And we are in the horse track already :) Seriously, there are 30, 30 amp FHU sites there and I plan to site my groups there as we have several groups that wish to be sited together.

See you there!

Jim

jbeletti

I just looked at the Portal and all the sites are gone..... In about 52 hours!!!!!

Amazing!!!!

Not sure what the record is for selling out a 200 site rally - but this has got to be up there with the best of them. Thank you Heartlanders - you really knocked this one out of the park!

Jim

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Not sure what the record is for selling out a 200 site rally - but this has got to be up there with the best of them. Thank you Heartlanders - you really knocked this one out of the park!

Jim

Well Jim, I am amazed too. I had been watching it since it was announced. Procrastination almost made us miss it. That wont happen again.
I do think that alot of the credit goes to you. The way you and the moderators run the forum and club, the support that you offer at the state rallies and your accessiblity makes a huge difference when people consider spending their time and money to come to a HL Rally.

We dont say it enough but THANK YOU and the MODERATORS for all that you guys do.

Now, please let us know what Landmark model you will be giving away as a door prize.....:D

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

We dont say it enough but THANK YOU and the MODERATORS for all that you guys do.

Now, please let us know what Landmark model you will be giving away as a door prize.....:D

I couldn't agree more Larry. All of the moderators led by Director Jim, just make it very enjoyable to participate in the forum and therefore the events as well. It's really a tribute to all of them that so many people from all different backgrounds enjoy being together.

As far as the new Landmark give-away, you probably missed the memo that came out...Jim's giving me the new San Antonio I want instead of giving away a door prize.:D:D

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Well this really pushes the point to become a Club Member. Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.