EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Re: 40 More sites added to rally (6-Jan) - Waitlist 100% filled

For the 36 that were waitlisted for this rally as of noon, 6-Jan-2011, you have been sent an email (copy of email here) to the address you used to waitlist with. That email was a 48 hour invitation to register for the rally.

If you are unable to register within that 48 hour window, you will need to re-add yourself to the waitlist. Then sometime this weekend, depending on how many sites remain of the 40 added, invitations will be sent out again to anyone new to the waitlist or anyone who readded themselves. This will be done in date added order up to the amount of sites remaining.

Thanks all,

Jim

Very nice. How cool is it that Heartland steps up once again to show their customers they care. Thank you Heartland and thank you Jim for going to bat to open up these additional sites.

Mark

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

And people outside our Heartland family wonder why we're so loyal to this manufacturer...there's more to brand loyalty than just a great rig!!

dieselsweetheart

I am also happy to see we can accommodate more of the "family" at the rally. My concern (and I'm sure you thought of this JB)....when we were in the hall for the potluck and the entertainment...we seemed a little crowded back in '09. I'm sure the hall has an occupancy limit....are we going to overflow the hall when we try to get together as a larger group than we had in '09? Will we need to do 2 sittings for pot-luck?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Ref the 30 amp with no sewer. We have attended 3 Good Sam national rallies and only had 30 amp power with no water or sewer. All of these we attended for 6 days and had no problems doing that many days using the on-board tanks. If you have a portable 'blue tank' you can bring it along for peace of mind but you probably will not need it if you practice conservation of your water both fresh and waste. Use paper plates and wash dishes without leaving the water running. We just finished 5 days at a state park with no sewer (had elect and water) without problem. The holding tanks held everything. FYI

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

I am also happy to see we can accommodate more of the "family" at the rally. My concern (and I'm sure you thought of this JB)....when we were in the hall for the potluck and the entertainment...we seemed a little crowded back in '09. I'm sure the hall has an occupancy limit....are we going to overflow the hall when we try to get together as a larger group than we had in '09? Will we need to do 2 sittings for pot-luck?

Cheryl...my understanding is the rigs are outside this time, and we have the entire hall for events and vendors...should be plenty of room.

jbeletti

Great questions Cheryl but I don't want to discuss the mechanics and logistics of that here on the forum. I'll email you with my thoughts instead.

Jim

ATLJOHN

Well we made our reservation yesterday. Thanks Jim and Heartland for adding the additional sites. Does anyone know how hot it will be in Goshen in June. With only 30amp we will only be able to run 1 a/c. I am pretty sure it would not be as hot as here in Georgia I hope.

John and Judy

dieselsweetheart

If memory serves, it wasn't all that hot in Goshen in '09 when we were there, in fact, it was a rainy week. I think you will be ok with your 1 AC... besides, there is so much going on we weren't in our BH for much other than to sleep!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That's no joke. For all of you that have never attended the National Rally in Goshen, you should know that it will be a very busy four days. For the most part you will not even need to bring any food with you as there will be much provided during the rally. You will also find that plenty of excercise is provided free of charge during the rally as you will be doing a lot of walking back and forth to the building for presentations, walking to and from the bus on Saturday for the plant tours and then walking through the RV museum. So don't fear that you will gain 10 extra pounds because you will probably lose 12 over the course of the rally.

Very fun stuff,
Mark

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
How about NOAA records for June 2009. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/iwx/program_areas/climate/plots/monthly/?site=KGSH&year=2009&month=06

Highs were from mid 70's & up to 80.

Lows were in the 50's

I doubt the A/C will be needed at all.

Marv

PS: For those who have a site with a sewer connection.... Do you have enough hoses reach to behind your RV?

Of course, if it's anywhere near the record temps (upper 90's - low 100's) we'll all be trying to hook up both AC's. BTW, I've got 40' of sewer hose. Will that be enough?:cool:

Razorback

With possible temps like that in the evening, does anyone know if they allow enclosed portable fire pits to be used on the grounds?

SmokeyBare

I've looked on Goshen Fair Web site for rules covering Campfires and found none.
If you want a clear answer I would suggest a call to the Fair Office would be in order.
Phone (574)-533-3247

The Fair is also on FaceBook

Vtxkid

Razorback, if you call on the fire pit, let us know cause were interested in knowing that ourselves...
As far as the length of the sewage hose, we need to ensure that it will go to the back end of the RV and then a couple of feet, right?

jbeletti

There are no fire rings there. In past years, they told us we could use above ground portable firepits that are completely self-contained - providing the weather was conducive for it (not too dry or windy). Best to still call to be sure the rules have not changed.

SmokeyBare

The Northwest RV Camping area have the pedestals for hook-ups placed at the rear of each of the back in sites. (401 through 476)

I'm pretty sure this is the case for all sites with sewer connections.

The sewer hose needs to be long enough to run from your connection to past the rear of the RV for a few feet.

Vtxkid

We just purchased a new portable firepit, so we will be bring it with us as I really need my fire if at all possible... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.