EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

UPDATE regarding 40 added sites for rally on 6-Jan

Hi all,

I just wanted to add a couple reminders for those who have registered for the rally on 6-Jan or later.

These sites are 30 amp power and water only. No 50 amp power and no sewer. I don't mean to dissuade anyone on coming to the rally. I only mean to manage expectations so there are no disappointments.

There is no waitlist for 50 amp power sites nor is there a waitlist for sewer sites. Sorry about that but it would be a colossal manual undertaking.

Some that have registered on 6-Jan or later have asked me other questions and I want to address them here too:

Q. What about a pump-out service?
A. The Fairgrounds has no-such service but there is a local provider. I have made contact and have made arrangements for this service for Friday afternoon during the rally. There will be a sign-up and advance payment process. You will sign-up sometime before 10 am Friday with volunteer, John Firth (ALTJOHN). DO NOT sign-up at the Fairgrounds office - we need to handle this ourselves. Each person requiring pump-out service will pay their own, in advance, when you sign-up for it. The cost will be $25. Details will be included in your rally packets.

Q. How far are these 40 sites from the rally hall and can I be moved closer?
A. You can't be moved closer as those sites are sold already. You got in on the added sites and these are them. None of the sites at the Fairgrounds are terribly far from the rally hall.

Q. What if I stayed at another nearby campground? Could I do that and what would my rally rate be then?
A. There are several nearby campgrounds and you can do that. Especially if you feel you must have 50 amp power and/or sewer connection. There is a rally registration type called NO RV. That rate is $75 less than the rate with an RV. So for club members, that's $100 for the rally versus $175. For non-members, that's $125 versus $200. Add $50 for each attendee above 2. I have attached an updated list of Elkhart area campgrounds that I maintain for the Corporate office. For proximity, focus on the campgrounds in Middlebury, Shipshewana, Howe and Bristol.

If you do end up making reservations at a nearby campground "after" you have registered for the rally at a rate that includes your site, I will refund $75 to your credit card and I will absorb the merchant account fee for the refund.

Thank you for understanding.

Jim

Attachments

• Elkhart_Area_Campgrounds_09-Jan-2011.pdf
    35.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

jbeletti

VOLUNTEER NEEDED: Pump-out Service Coordinator... I mean, "Sanitation Executive"

I have an agreement with a local pump-out service provider, to be available to do pump-outs for those that may want the service in the 40 sites that do not have sewer.

The volunteer should be someone who is in one of these sites and plans to be on-site Friday afternoon.

See job description here :)

Jim

Last edited:

ATLJOHN

Hi Jim
I am one of the lucky ones to reserve in the VIP area and would be glad to volunteer for that great coordinator job.

John

jbeletti

Thank you John! As we get closer, I'll provide you with the details for this position.

For those in the 40 non-sewer sites, I have a process update. We will NOT be signing up for pump-out service at the Fairgrounds office, so please don't call them or go to their desk for information.

I updated the Q&A on this from a post I made yesterday and I will duplicate part of that here.

Q. What about a pump-out service?
A. The Fairgrounds has no-such service but there is a local provider. I have made contact and have made arrangements for this service for Friday afternoon during the rally. There will be a sign-up and advance payment process. You will sign-up sometime before 10 am Friday with volunteer, John Firth (ALTJOHN). DO NOT sign-up at the Fairgrounds office - we need to handle this ourselves. Each person requiring pump-out service will pay their own, in advance, when you sign-up for it. The cost will be $25. Details will be included in your rally packets.

Jim

jbeletti

Link to register for the rally - what is it?

I just realized that those who may jut now be considering joining us for the rally in Goshen, may not know the link to register.

Here it is: www.regonline.com/2011goshen

As of this morning, of the 40 sites we added (30 amp power and water only), there were 13 sites left.

Jim

sgtbigb

Re: Link to register for the rally - what is it?

I just realized that those who may jut now be considering joining us for the rally in Goshen, may not know the link to register.

Here it is: www.regonline.com/2011goshen

As of this morning, of the 40 sites we added (30 amp power and water only), there were 13 sites left.

Jim
Jim I know this is the wrong Forum for this message,but as we near the # let me be the first to give you congrauations for the 10,000 members to this Heartland owners web site:angel:

randyo578

Re: EVENT: Heartland International Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Was anyone on the waiting list included in the additional sites?

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired

Amazing... absolutely amazing! All the spots including the additional spots have filled! Before the end of Jan. too!

Outstanding job Jim.... the Irelands are so looking forward to this!

jbeletti

Thanks Tom and Kathy.

I look forward to meeting you guys. I can't wait to have a MN Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club. Maybe you Minnesotans can get together at the rally and 1 of you will self-nominate for Chapter Leader :) Can't have a Chapter until we have someone to lead it.

See you in Goshen!

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member

Amazing... absolutely amazing! All the spots including the additional spots have filled! Before the end of Jan. too!

Outstanding job Jim.... the Irelands are so looking forward to this!

No way, Kathy Ireland will be attending the rally?!!! She's my favorite model!!

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired

Having a MN chapter would be great and we're looking forward to seeing other MN owners. We were at the IA rally last fall and had a great time and wow was that well attended!

Absolutely..... Kathy Ireland has been so looking forward to this rally! She's been talking about this for over a year and she's agreed to sign autographs for as long as the line goes!
Just look for the BH 3670! :)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Just curious, since the list of attendees seems pretty much set, when are sites going to be assigned? Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Just curious, since the list of attendees seems pretty much set, when are sites going to be assigned? Thanks

We must have a psychotic link. I was just thinking the same thing.

Gotta be careful and ask reeeeeal nice, though. Don't want to get the WagonMaster P.O.'d at us and assign us next to the waste treatment retention pond :eek:

TandT

We must have a psychotic link. I was just thinking the same thing.

Gotta be careful and ask reeeeeal nice, though. Don't want to get the WagonMaster P.O.'d at us and assign us next to the waste treatment retention pond :eek:

Good point. Real nice.......

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

Well you do not need to worry there is no waste treatment plant pond, but he could assign you to the site that is closest to the train tracks and the train lights will shine in your bedroom window, light up your bedroom like it was daytime, even with the shades down every half hour all night long. If that is not enough the train horns will be louder than the loudest rock band ever and the trains rumble will make you feel like your trailer is in the middle of an earthquake! :D:D:D

TandT

Well you do not need to worry there is no waste treatment plant pond, but he could assign you to the site that is closest to the train tracks and the train lights will shine in your bedroom window, light up your bedroom like it was daytime, even with the shades down every half hour all night long. If that is not enough the train horns will be louder than the loudest rock band ever and the trains rumble will make you feel like your trailer is in the middle of an earthquake! :D:D:D
Is that part of my initiation as a Heartland newbie? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.