EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: EVENT: Heartland International Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

FYI - For those who want to attend the Rally but can't stay on-site, isn't it possible for them to stay at one of the other area RV parks on their own and drive over to the Fairground venue for the day to attend the activities? Just wondering?

jbeletti

FYI - For those who want to attend the Rally but can't stay on-site, isn't it possible for them to stay at one of the other area RV parks on their own and drive over to the Fairground venue for the day to attend the activities? Just wondering?

Hey Jim - you never stop wondering things do you? Keep that mind working and sharp :)

Seriously - great questions Jim.

For all, the honest truth is:

The rally costs about $400 per rig to put on. Rally attendees pay $175. So, the $225 difference x 200 = $45,000. I had to budget for this difference. The budget is approved and will not be changed.

As one can see from the math, the rally is heavily subsidized by Heartland as a thank you to those who can make it. But since I have to budget these dollars a year in advance, it's now locked.

Now, if someone wanted to pay the full unsubsidized rate (Jim's next question/wondering :)), I'd have to consider that.

This all said, I want to state that I never really wanted any of this to come out. Not that it's a secret, but no need to bother attendees with such matters as it's the behind the scenes business stuff that I deal with.

Jim

jbeletti

Well this really pushes the point to become a Club Member. Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

Mark

Good point Mark - and spot on. The Heartland Owners Club exists for the benefit of its members. Having an exclusive registration window to sign-up for the biggest Club event of the year has become more and more important and the 2011 rally seems to be the turning point.

jbeletti

I didn't get registered in time! What are my options?

If you were unable to register for the rally before it sold out - there is still hope. See this thread for the process to be Waitlisted. It really does work!

Jim

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Don't worry Larry, I'm sure they can find a door for you somewhere!

Gus, I think the door prize Larry was going to receive was a screen door on the back porch.
LOL Randy

sgtbigb

Jim, I know it takes a lot of planning for this rally. We had arally in Texas and we had a POT LUCK BREAKFAST, I know it sounds strange but it was the best pot luck ever. Just an Ideal u may consider :=)

jbeletti

Hi Gene (and Song),

I love potlucks. But on this scale (over 400 people), potlucks are a huge challenge. We will be having one. It's on Thursday night. I am catering the meat (Nelson's Port-a-Pit chicken) and you all are bringing side dishes, salads, desserts :) Still noodling how to pull it off.

We do have one rally breakfast - it's Sunday. It will be catered. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. No new RV for you this rally :) Unless you really want one.

Jim

sgtbigb

U r right, not looking for new 5th wheeler this time, but will be looking for any upgrades that may be available :angel:

jbeletti

Hey all,

We had our first rally cancellation today. As planned, the person at the top of the Waitlist (now with 14 names on it) was automatically removed from the list and I assume the process sent that person an email, giving them 24 hours to click on the link in it, to register for the rally.

The point I want to make is that the Waitlist process is real, it's automatic and thus far, it seems to be working. What I do not know is, if a person does not respond within 24 hours and the next person on the list is notified, does the first person get back on the list automatically and if so, are they next again or now last. I'll update when I learn more on that.

Jim

exdwarfer

Jim,
Per our phone conversation from a few days ago, you had said I was the first on the waiting list! I have NOT received an e-mail about the open spot as of 7 a.m. Christmas day! I have checked my spam/junk mail etc... Nothing to be found! Please look into this and let me know what's up!

John & Dianna Griffin
Owner's club# 1675

jbeletti

John,

Seven requests came in that day - perhaps I was mistaken stating you were at the top of that list.

My apologies - please hang in there.

Jim

exdwarfer

Jim,

OK, I'll try to control myself and wait for the process to complete!

Just don't want to miss the opportunity to attend the rally, tour the factory etc....

John

jbeletti

Wow - this is getting complicated!

The process is that people add themselves to the Waitlist. But, I can also add people to the list. When a person adds themselves or I add them, they are added to the bottom of the list.

Bear in mind, this is a real Waitlist process, not something I am handling by hand.

I can log into the administrative control panel for the registration site and see the Waitlist but there is no public report for the Waitlist and to my knowledge, no way for a person to see their name on the list.

I could add a post here with the names of who is on the list with the order, but a couple of problems with that:

• There are no names - it's just email addresses and add dates
  • Don't want to reveal real email addresses in public
  • Once I provide a list here, there will be a good many that will want me to update that list here in public. More of a chore than I want to take on.

John - you do make a good point on not-knowing - I think I will email everyone on the list to serve as a confirmation they are in fact on it. They know as they added themselves to it, but as a favor, for you and one other who was in their car driving, at their request, I added their name for them and it would be nice to actually see an email from me that confirms it - thanks for the idea!

Finally, John, you are on the list :) Let's discontinue debating this matter in public though. Email me as you did this morning with any further questions.

Thanks,

Jim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Email sent to all 14 on the Waitlist.

Jim

I know this has got to be an absolute headache for you Jim, but what a great headache to have. Selling out 200 rally slots in just a few days and now having to handle a wait list "just in case" someone has to cancel. To quote you "who'duthunkit" or however the heck you spelled it.

As far as I'm concerned it just proves what a great job Heartland is doing and how folks can't wait to get together to show their support!! I know I sure can't.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
As far as I'm concerned it just proves what a great job Heartland is doing and how folks can't wait to get together to show their support!! I know I sure can't.

Santa, I'm surprised you're up and about already. I would have thought you would still be napping!

You are soo right though, your big event is now done--let's get this Winter stuff out of the way and go camping!

jbeletti

I know this has got to be an absolute headache for you Jim, but what a great headache to have. Selling out 200 rally slots in just a few days and now having to handle a wait list "just in case" someone has to cancel. To quote you "who'duthunkit" or however the heck you spelled it...

Save me Santa!

Seriously - the work, I don't mind. Heartland treats me right and I am rewarded by all Heartlanders that I am able to touch in a positive way. What is eating at me now is all those that want to come that may not be able to - and I feel bad for that. This has never been an issue in the past. For Nashville, we had 100 sites, then added 25 more when I dug deep for budget dollars. I used 19 of the added 25 sites. Then I went for broke and budgeted for 200 sites for 2011. Who would have guessed we'd leap from 119 in 2010 to 200 in an under 3-day sell-out? I really thought by taking the leap of faith and budgeting for 200 sites, we'd done good :)

I will continue to think this through over the month of January, trying to come up with "a way" to bring joy to more than 200 rigs. So far, all I have is the full unsubsidized rate and I am not ready to offer that out as an option.

Jim

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Santa, for the gift card! We plan on ordering our new Landmark in Tampa next month. Merry Christmas.

jbeletti

Hi rally attendees,

Tonight, I downloaded and massaged the Blue Gate dinner and dinner/show data. I created a report and placed it here in this thread where I also have the Rally Attendee / Site directory. I renamed the thread Rally Directories.

Please look over the list and contact me directly via this email link to work with me to make corrections.

Thanks,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.