Golf Carts Rentals for Goshen Rally

If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day Rental for $175 - do you want one?

• NULL - I had to put 2 options in this poll - this is the second option :)

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • YES - We plan to join the rally and "WE DO" want one of these 5-day Golf Cart rentals for $175.

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

dudley43

Re: Poll for Rally Attendees: If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day rental for $200 - do you want one?

Jim, Milda and I will certainly rent one. Very much appreciated at my age! Thanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Poll for Rally Attendees: If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day rental for $200 - do you want one?

As of right now, we're planning on attending. If the grounds/activities are as spread out as it sounds, we'd like one.

jbeletti

Re: Poll for Rally Attendees: If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day rental for $175 - do you want one?

John,

The activities aren't spread out - but the RVs will be. So for the most part, one need only to get from their RV site, wherever that may be on property, to the ECCC building, where all the events will be held.

That said, still nice to have the freedom to roam the venue and visit other Heartlanders and not wear yourself out.

There was a time I preferred to ride my bike to/from everything at this rally. I lost 5 pounds "during the rally" one year. Honestly though, I have so much going on for members during the rally these days - I gotta have my horse now :)

Jim

kkamshop

Re: Poll for Rally Attendees: If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day rental for $175 - do you want one?

Jim, where we will be parking all those carts? I don't remember a lot of parking at the ECCC, unless we use the other side of the building maybe?

jbeletti

Got no plan!

But yeah, the lot next to the building is ginormous.

Jim

jbeletti

Closing poll and thread now that rally registration for club members is now open. You may rent a golf cart as part of the rally registration process.

Jim

jbeletti

GOLF CART UPDATE for 21-December

WOW! I am blown away by how many rentals have been purchased. If anyone tried to order a golf cart but was not able to do so, please try to add it to your registration now, or drop me a note. I had to up the quantity available yesterday as my initial quantity had sold out and I had not realized it until I got a call from an attendee (thanks Don W). That we have sold so many, I will ask a few things of everyone...

1. For those who have not rented a golf cart, please respect the rental rights of those that have. The rented carts belong to the renters
For those who have rented carts...

1. Please be a good neighbor and offer rides when you can to those you may be passing by on your way to the rally hall. Same for on your way back from the rally hall. It's just the neighborly thing to do :)
  2. I will plan to have Marv number all the golf carts and keys. While all the keys are the same, please use only your golf cart
  3. Please be respectful of those who are walking and give the right of way to walkers, bikers and cars
  4. Please park in the area at the rally hall designated for attendee golf carts. A map will be included with your rental document and keys. Note that rally staff may have their own parking lot at the rally hall due to their more frequent trips to and from the hall. Please respect this space and hold open for your volunteer staff :)
For all:

1. I will have a large amount of additional golf carts that are dedicated to the rally service team. As stated above, if you have not rented a golf cart, please do not snag golf cart. And if you have rented a golf cart, please use only your own. In past years, we have allowed attendees to use the rally service carts in the evening. Trouble came when we had to chase some of these carts down each night or worse, in the morning. Please don't ask to use the service teams golf carts. Thank you for understanding :)

jbeletti

GOLF CART UPDATE for 7-June

Hey rally attendees that have rented golf carts,

I gave the final count to the Golf Cart company today. We have 24 rentals plus more for my team and the service team.

If you have rented a golf cart, Terry Hershberger will be handling the turning over and turning in of the golf cart keys. Terry will arrive this weekend. Your 5-day rental golf cart will be available to you Tuesday morning. Terry will have a list of the renters, your site numbers and your cell phone numbers, where available. He will do his best to match you to your golf cart. He will not be able to deliver a golf cart to you.

Jim

jimtoo

Hi Jim,

We will be arriving Monday and I will give Terry a hand getting the carts delivered if he wants a little help.

Jim M

jbeletti

Thanks Jim.

Buddy and Maureen are here already, representing Texas. But they need help. Get here soon :)

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Jim M,

I gladly accept your willingness to help. We will have lots of fun working together at this rally. I am hoping to leave Dallas Thursday morning and plan to arrive Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I can't wait to get out of this heat. BTY Dallas Mavicks won 86 - 83 over Miami Heat. Series tied 2 -2.