New Bighorn Owner to be

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Hi everyone, this is my first post to this forum. I just got home from a RV Show in South Florida. I am looking at the Bighorn 3670RL. What a 5er that is. I have been looking for the past year for the just right fithwheel for full timeing. I have been looking at two other models: one Hitchhiker II, and the other a Grand Junction.

My question to this group is "how do you like the 3670RL Bighorn"?

Ron

J

Jim_1899

Ron,
I justed looked at the 3670 on the Heartland site and it is a huge 5th wheel. Today Crystal my wife and I are going to the St Louis RV show at the Edward Jones Dome

We had an ice storm last night it would sure be nice to be in FL today.

HappyKayakers

Hey Ron,
DW and I are fulltiming in a 3600RL. Looks like the major difference in the 2 is the enclosed bathroom in the 3670. For just 2 adults and no pets, the 3600 is big enough for us to stay out of each other's way on rainy or snowy days. I wouldn't recommend it as a 4 season unit, it just worked out that way for us. We think we got a good deal and it's been very comfortable to live in once we made our own modifications, changing the interior decor, replacing the mattress and adding a separate sewer hose container. Feel free to PM or email if you have any more specific questions.

Joe

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
New Bighore to be

Jim Becky (my wife) and I just walked in from another trip to the RV Show. This time we looked at EVERY 5th wheel at the show. 6 hours today and 4 hours yesterday. Still haven't found a better 5er then the 3670 RL. Becky fell in love with all the inside storage and the kitchen and the enclosed bathroom. I love the construction and the outside storage. (NO plumbing in the way). Easy to use the Docking Center.

We talked to the RV dealer and put together some $$$ amounts. And Jim ever thing look good on paper. Now we are going to wait a couple of weeks and read-up on this forum and be sure this is the one. The dealer is only 15 miles from our house so its easy to go and check out questions to the dealer.

Sorry to hear about the ICE, and Rain at your location. Hot and sunny today 84o.

Thanks for the response.

Ron

phranc

Hi Ron, Good luck in your search.. there are many things we like especially well , such as the corian countertops and large closet.But the thing I like best is that my selling/repair dealer says Heartland is one of the best companys to do business with.Heartland takes care of him and he is then able to take care of me.

jbeletti

Ron and Becky,

You've come to the right place for all things Heartland. You'll have countless hours of reading on this forum ahead of you but you'll come away with a good sense of whether the brand is a good fit for you or not.

Feel free to pepper away at the great folks who hang out here with your specific questions.

Best of luck in your decision of which brand/model 5er to get and hope to see you part of the Heartland family.

Jim

Hi Ron,

We ordered the 3670RL site unseen in Vegas, after looking at the other Bighorns models. We drove to Knoxville in November and picked it up and then drove over 2000 miles back to AZ. We have been full time for 4 years and have looked at lots of rigs. We were very impressed with the Bighorns, inside and out. We have really enjoyed ours. No major problems. We're happy.

Nancy & Gary

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Thanks Gary for your reply, As I said earlier, I have been looking for over a year. I'm lucky I have a dealer only 15 miles from the house. And they have a 3670 RL in stock. There is only one change I want and that is the FIREPLACE removed, and storage put in its place. Thanks to this forum and a lot of input from its members NO FIREPLACE for us.

Now that the show is over I will be going to the dealer tomorrow with a couple of question.

Thanks again, see ya on the road.

Ron & Becky None

nhunter

We 3/4 time in a 3600RL with wife, 2 year old, chocolate lab and a kitty. Works very well especially with the back slide setup. We switched our coach and chairs around. Lots of storage- I bet we don't even use half of it inside. Toilet seal was the only warranty work we have had done. I think they are an excellent unit/ manufacturer.

Hello Ron and Becky:

I just took possession of my 3670 and have only good things to say about the floorplan and finishing touch. The layout is great, it can accommodate two fulltimers and storage space is endless. I too will get rid of the fireplace in the unit as I would like to use the space for storage of a 4-in-one printer that will be connected to my laptop computer.

The only little problem that I am encountering right now is understanding the functioning of the tuner with the television. I have read the manuals several time but I still don't understand why I cannot make the TV work in catching local channels. I know it will come shortly.

You definitely will like your new 3670. Good luck!

Santiago

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Thanks Santiago for your input. I hope you enjoy your 3670. I like the idea of the storage under the desk also. Just haven't made-up my mind yet.

Hope to see ya on the road someday.

Ron

jimtoo

Santiago, Is your television the new LCD that they are putting in some of the units? If it is and you figure it out, let me know, I can't follow those dumb pictures. I can never make it come up to auto program channels, get everything but.
Need to get a 10 year old I guess, will go and see grandkids.
Jim

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Ditto on the instructions for us. My wife and I fiddled for an hour or so and gave up. I had our Sat. hooked up, after screwing around trying to figure out where to plug the co-axe cables. All we ended up with was about a 13" picture on this nice new beautiful LCD TV. We do not have digital Sat. as yet but I understand you are supposed to be able to set the TV input or something to get a larger picture. DVD movies worked OK.../Doug

Last edited:
To Jimtoo and DougLynne:
The DVD AM-FM tuner is a Coby: the TV is a Oliveira (unsure about the spelling) and is a flat screen TV. I will be going back to the RV in about a month from now and I will spend all the time that is necessary to make it work. Once I figured it out, I will be more than happy to pass on the information to you.

Santiago

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
New Bighorn Owner

Ha, everybody. Well yesterday I made-up my mind!None We will be picking-up our new 2008, 3670 RL from the dealer next week..... We ordered the "Trail Air Pin Box", the Reese "Signature Series 18K Hitch". The coach has everything:D Flat screen TV, Fireplace its loaded!

Looking forward to our first night of camping at a local park (6 miles from the dealer JUST in case we have problems).

Ron

dennylm

Congratulaton Ron!

I too am on the verge of ordering a Bighorn. I've been asking questions about the weight on the 3055 in another thread, but we're also looking at the 3670 and the 3600.

Would you (and anyone else "listening" :) ) mind sharing with me what the UVW and CCC numbers are on your in-cabinet sticker? I'm going to be pulling mine with a 2007 F-250 CC SRW 4x2 6.0 that has a 5th wheel max pulling rate of 15,800. I'm trying to figure out if I'll have enough usable CCC if I only load the 36xx's up to 15,800.

Thanks!

Denny

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Thanks, Dennylm, yes I will just as soon as I get to the dealer for the PDI. That should be Tues or Wed of next week.

Ron

phranc

Congrats Ron,, the 3670's are real beauty's......If you don't have a PDI list, do a search on this forum as there were a couple posted. I think remember JPMorgan had one..